Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 04-09-2011, 10:17 PM   #1
bad_bwoy007

Drives: 2010 8T0 Yaris Liftback
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTScott View Post
What does it do or not do?
Well I just spend 2 hours outside verifying some connections.

I am grounding the park brake connection for now and connecting the negative door input (when opened) to 12 volts to simulate doors closed.

Hood pin switch is not connect to anything and it's reading positive voltage so that is good.

For now i'm just pushing the clutch with my foot.

When i push the start button the park lights just flash 4 times. I tried to enter reservation mode but nothing happened after i pushed the brake pedal twice.

I checked the brake connection and it does read 12 volts into the unit so that connection is good.

All wires are still connected to the starter, acc, & ign as listed above.

Last edited by bad_bwoy007; 04-09-2011 at 10:41 PM.
bad_bwoy007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 10:44 PM   #2
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Drives: 09 5dr LB, 2x 08 3dr LB
4 flashes means that it is not in reservation mode. Are you doing the procedure on page 29 to arm the starting?
Old 04-09-2011, 10:46 PM   #3
bad_bwoy007

Quote:
4 flashes means that it is not in reservation mode. Are you doing the procedure on page 29 to arm the starting?
Yes, I tried Auto reservation and when i pressed the brake pedal the lights did not flash.

I repeated again and got nothing.
Old 04-09-2011, 10:50 PM   #4
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Quote:
Originally Posted by bad_bwoy007 View Post
Yes, I tried Auto reservation and when i pressed the brake pedal the lights did not flash.

I repeated again and got nothing.
Maybe it needs to see the transition from e-brake off to e-brake on before pressing the brake pedal?
Old 04-09-2011, 11:03 PM   #5
bad_bwoy007

Quote:
Maybe it needs to see the transition from e-brake off to e-brake on before pressing the brake pedal?
Just tried that too, meaning disconnect from ground then reconnect. Still no luck.
Old 04-09-2011, 11:26 PM   #6
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Quote:
Originally Posted by bad_bwoy007 View Post
Just tried that too, meaning disconnect from ground then reconnect. Still no luck.
Since it needs to see it running, have you done the tach learning?
Old 04-13-2011, 08:21 AM   #7
macky

Drives: yaris
remote starter

thank u ,ctscot ur d" man! this is my problem where can i find this illustration for my my toyota yaris (push start model) this is a sulution , many technician here in italy do not know how to installed remote starter . thanks a lot
macky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 10:38 AM   #8
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Quote:
Originally Posted by macky View Post
thank u ,ctscot ur d" man! this is my problem where can i find this illustration for my my toyota yaris (push start model) this is a sulution , many technician here in italy do not know how to installed remote starter . thanks a lot
I'll have to do a bit of research on that one. The biggest question is if any of the transponder key bypass modules can emulate the smart card used with the PTS system.
Old 04-26-2011, 05:05 PM   #9
macky

Drives: yaris
toyota italy

hi scott iwould to online order of bypass( NEW DEI XK05 DATA TRANSPONDER OVERRIDE INTERFACE BYPASS )or (Xpresskit DBALL DATABUS DB-ALL COMBO BYPASS ) WHICH ONE WHO WORK THE BEST FOR MY YARIS MODEL 2006 PUSH START ENGINE . HERE in ITALY MY REMOTE STARTER IS (PROSTART- O34-O743-4 ) , MY YARIS HAVE A FACTORY MOBILIZER , IDONT know THAT THE U.S HAVE SAME MODEL 2006 PUSHSTART , BUT IS THE SAME OF VENZA PUSH START. WHICH ONE YOU RECOMENDED PLS, email irenel_it@yahoo.it
macky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 06:15 PM   #10
devinlamothe

Drives: '07 Yaris HB
Sorry to resurrect this thread, but what type of wire taps did you use CTScott? Scotchlok? I'm wondering because the heavy gauge starter wires are a lot larger than what I've seen available.
Old 12-02-2011, 08:55 PM   #11
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Quote:
Originally Posted by devinlamothe View Post
Sorry to resurrect this thread, but what type of wire taps did you use CTScott? Scotchlok? I'm wondering because the heavy gauge starter wires are a lot larger than what I've seen available.
Actually, all of the wires you will connect to on the Yaris are low current, "control" wires, rather than high current ones, which is what the remote starters are setup to handle, hence their giant size.

So, the issue is seriously mismatched wire sizes for the tap splices. Since the car side is the important side, I actually use the tap splices sized for the car's wires (which are the red ones {24-18 AWG}). When you crimp them onto the small gauge car wire and large gauge remote starter wires, some of the strands of the remote starter wire will get cut off, but what remains will be at least the same gauge as the car wire.

I do use the Scotchlok ones and find them to be better quality than many of the other brands.
Old 12-21-2011, 03:30 PM   #12
devinlamothe

Quote:
Actually, all of the wires you will connect to on the Yaris are low current, "control" wires, rather than high current ones, which is what the remote starters are setup to handle, hence their giant size.

So, the issue is seriously mismatched wire sizes for the tap splices. Since the car side is the important side, I actually use the tap splices sized for the car's wires (which are the red ones {24-18 AWG}). When you crimp them onto the small gauge car wire and large gauge remote starter wires, some of the strands of the remote starter wire will get cut off, but what remains will be at least the same gauge as the car wire.

I do use the Scotchlok ones and find them to be better quality than many of the other brands.
Thanks for the info Scott.

So I finally did get the Scotchlok connectors as well as my remote start but I am having some issues getting it going.

This is a Viper 4203v unit (Responder One):

Starter wires -> car wires

Pink Ignition -> Green ignition
Pink/White Secondary ignition -> Pink ignition
Purple Starter -> Black starter
Orange Accessory -> White accessory
Red 12v - 12v on fuse panel (top)

Black/White Neutral Switch -> to ground
Violet/White Tach wire -> L.Green on OBD2
Brown brake -> Green brake +12
Grey hoodswitch -> not connected

Everything looks like it is connected properly, but it seems the unit will not turn on. I would think if the unit was powering up I would see the red LED come on for at least a second but it does not.

I have checked my connections with a multi-meter and everything looks good.

Is there something I am missing here? I have never installed a remote start before and reading through this thread made me think it was easy, lol.
Old 12-21-2011, 03:53 PM   #13
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Quote:
Originally Posted by devinlamothe View Post
Thanks for the info Scott.

So I finally did get the Scotchlok connectors as well as my remote start but I am having some issues getting it going.

This is a Viper 4203v unit (Responder One):

Starter wires -> car wires

Pink Ignition -> Green ignition
Pink/White Secondary ignition -> Pink ignition
Purple Starter -> Black starter
Orange Accessory -> White accessory

Black/White Neutral Switch -> to ground
Violet/White Tach wire -> L.Green on OBD2
Brown brake -> Green brake +12
Grey hoodswitch -> not connected

Everything looks like it is connected properly, but it seems the unit will not turn on. I would think if the unit was powering up I would see the red LED come on for at least a second but it does not.

I have checked my connections with a multi-meter and everything looks good.

Is there something I am missing here? I have never installed a remote start before and reading through this thread made me think it was easy, lol.

I don't have the manual for the 4203v, but what you are connected to looks good. Check the install manual for a start-up or configuration process that may have to be done before it will work.
Old 12-21-2011, 04:16 PM   #14
devinlamothe

Quote:
I don't have the manual for the 4203v, but what you are connected to looks good. Check the install manual for a start-up or configuration process that may have to be done before it will work.
The only thing I can see that I didn't do is the 'tach learning' ... I'm going to try that and see if it works.
Old 01-23-2012, 11:19 PM   #15
yarisyeti

Drives: 2011 Yaris 3d LB
Is it better to solder or tap into the wires?

Does either void the warranty?

Thanks!
yarisyeti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 11:24 PM   #16
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Quote:
Originally Posted by yarisyeti View Post
Is it better to solder or tap into the wires?

Does either void the warranty?

Thanks!
Nothing voids the warranty unless what you do leads to failure of it or something else.

Soldering typically is better, but wire taps work fine and can be a bit safer to work with under the dash. I have used wire taps on the last 4 of my cars that I installed remote starters on and have driven 100K+ without an single issue.
Old 01-24-2012, 12:13 AM   #17
yarisyeti

Drives: 2011 Yaris 3d LB
Next question. I am adding electric windows to my bone stock yaris. I am using a Prestige APS787C and it says it can roll windows up and down.

On this site: http://voxrightnow.custhelp.com/app/...e-start-system It says I can use channel 4 and 5 to do this, my question is, can I just hook the wires for channel 4 and 5 to the power and ground of the window, or do I need to hook up relays?

If I have to hook up relays, how will I wire them?

Here is my install manual as well! http://www.clubgpstore.com/art/aps787_IM.pdf

Thanks a million!!

do i use this relay:http://www.automotiverewire.com/Nava...ayswindows.htm
yarisyeti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 07:07 AM   #18
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Quote:
Originally Posted by yarisyeti View Post
Next question. I am adding electric windows to my bone stock yaris. I am using a Prestige APS787C and it says it can roll windows up and down.

On this site: http://voxrightnow.custhelp.com/app/...e-start-system It says I can use channel 4 and 5 to do this, my question is, can I just hook the wires for channel 4 and 5 to the power and ground of the window, or do I need to hook up relays?

If I have to hook up relays, how will I wire them?

Here is my install manual as well! http://www.clubgpstore.com/art/aps787_IM.pdf

Thanks a million!!

do i use this relay:http://www.automotiverewire.com/Nava...ayswindows.htm
For the remote window closure you need an auto window closer device, like the DEI 530T. The aux output of the remote starter would become an input to the 530T to tell it to crank up the windows (or with another output, down as well for airing it out in the hot weather).