Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Members Area > Off-topic / Other Cars / Everything else Discussions
  The Tire Rack

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-17-2010, 03:08 PM   #1
fnkngrv
Mr. 155 and climbing

Drives: Seriously Modded 07 Sedan
2011 Volkswagen Jetta: First Look

http://www.vw.com/upcomingcars/2011jetta/en/us/

So, since so many peeps were cheering about the new Ford Fiesta I thought that I might toss the new Jetta in there. It is supposed to outclass the Corolla and have a starting price point of only 16k. That is the same price that I paid for my 07 S back when they first launched (15,910 for my S before Tax, Title, and Delivery Fee). It doesn't look like they cut many corners either to get to 16k.

Quoted from DigitalTrends.com:

The Volkswagen Jetta gets a more refined look for 2011 including technology like Bluetooth and push button start.

As if Toyota didn’t have enough to worry about, the Germans decided it was high time to build an affordable Jetta. The new Jetta, believe it or not, starts at $16,000 and if you’re in the market for a Corolla you’re probably now thinking twice about your potential purchase. We had a chance to whip the car around some twisty roads in beautiful Northern California, and we’ve got to say its a mighty impressive car. And don’t think VW went completely downmarket, they’ve made available the latest bleeding edge technology like push button start, Bluetooth connectivity, as well as a very impressive amount of trunk space and rear leg room. Bottom line, we think the 2011 Jetta is the car to beat. Available in showrooms this Fall.

let the fun begin...

Youtube Channel: Team Tiamat Racing

Class record holder in Land Speed @ 154.5mph for 1.5 mile and 145.5mph in the mile in the F (2.016 to 3.014 L), G (1.524 to 2.015 L), and H (1.016 to 1.523 L) classes.
fnkngrv is offline   Reply With Quote