Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Performance Modifications
  The Tire Rack

Closed Thread

Old 06-14-2007, 01:31 AM   #271
eTiMaGo
vroom vroom

Drives: lil red 5-door
Send a message via AIM to eTiMaGo Send a message via MSN to eTiMaGo Send a message via Yahoo to eTiMaGo
good things come to those who wait

Bye bye 1NZ...
Old 06-14-2007, 01:32 AM   #272
tk-421
Super Moderator

Drives: 5D-07-LB
@ChinoCharles: Two questions that I'd like answered (not particularly in a rush here, so by all means take your time ):
  1. Is there any way that this project will resume within the next 2-3 months? I'd really like to add an intake to my Yaris semi-soonish
  2. If the answer to the above was "no":
    • Could you consider writing a QnD list for getting a CCRD-SRI put together? I'd probably give this DIY a shot and save myself some cashola!
    • Could you please suggest the best short ram you can possibly think of? Any brand/price is fine... (This is just for research purposes)
Thanks again bro! You da man!

Last edited by tk-421; 06-14-2007 at 03:32 AM.
Old 06-14-2007, 12:47 PM   #273
ChinoCharles
Banned

Drives: LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaFox View Post
I understand what your going through chino, I once tried to make some shift boots for my old car... but I am as well disappointed, mainly that you didnt let people know earlier that this thing was still a looong way off. If I had known that it were still months out I would have purchased another intake by now. the way you were speaking last month I got the impression that it was almost ready. If it wasnt, no big deal, I just wish I knew it was still in the early phases of development. I am glad you are doing this Charles and encourage you to press on, but I personally am very tired of waiting and I believe I may look elsewhere.... /cry.

Most of my frustration just stems from being kept in the dark for so long. every time I asked for an update all I seemed to get were snotty posts from Chris. All I wanted was a straighforward answer; 'its a ways out' would have been fine, but instead a post of napolion dynamite goes up... I found that more frustrating than anything. Sorry if I misinterpreted your posts chris but im a straight forward person and was just looking for some straight forward answers.

Again, thanks chino and best of luck to you!
Like I said before, please feel free to look elsewhere. You obviously don't posess the patience it will require to wait for this project to come to fruition, so I encourage you to buy the WR short ram instead.

Everyone else, I will know a lot more about where I stand in a couple weeks. Please continue to be patient. At the very least, I will spill my secrets and try my damndest to get us a working MAF adapter. At the worst, you'll see one very well made and very late intake hitting the market. Keep your fingers crossed.
Old 06-14-2007, 01:34 PM   #274
Chris07LB
Super Moderator

Drives: Yaris Liftback
Quote:
Originally Posted by tk-421 View Post
Also I do agree that being a bit more realistic/straightforward as to what stage the project was at would've helped fellow members a lot, and would've probably reduced nagging posts/PMs to a minimum.
Dont make me go and quote each and every time there was a responce to the constant questions of, "is it done yet.?"
After a while, no matter what reason I or Chino gave, it was never good enough, so out came the picture's.
Attached Images
File Type: gif yes6ir.gif (473.1 KB, 196 views)
Old 06-14-2007, 03:18 PM   #275
sdmf
Down With the Sickness

Drives: 2007 yaris liftback
Send a message via AIM to sdmf
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris07LB View Post
Dont make me go and quote each and every time there was a responce to the constant questions of, "is it done yet.?"
After a while, no matter what reason I or Chino gave, it was never good enough, so out came the picture's.
kip is the shizz, i think im going to watch napolean dynamite right now

Strength - Determination - Merciless - Forever
Old 06-14-2007, 03:34 PM   #276
tk-421
Super Moderator

Drives: 5D-07-LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChinoCharles View Post
At the very least, I will spill my secrets and try my damndest to get us a working MAF adapter. At the worst, you'll see one very well made and very late intake hitting the market. Keep your fingers crossed.
That sounds like a good plan! Thanks buddy.
Old 06-15-2007, 12:25 PM   #277
AlphaFox

Drives: 07' Yaris Liftback - silver
I apologize to everyone if my eagerness to see one of these intakes on my car has been a nucanse to anyone. I only asked for updates because I was excited and thought it was going to be done sooner. in the beginning of the project a few months ago chino had told me that if I waited a few weeks there would be some progress made. Obviously that didnt happen because of the CNC issue and other unforseen things. I guess it didnt click in my head that since there were complications the 'few weeks' didnt apply any more.

However, to accuse me of being less than a man or some lazy fool is just plain old rude and immature. did I offend someones mother of something?? I mean cumon, that just pissed me off, it was so uncalled for!

I have been onboard and, to my detriment, overly eager and excited about this project from day one. heck, I even started this thread after the other one was locked! I still have hope chino, and wont be pestering anyone with questions any longer. heres to hoping it goes well!
Old 07-25-2007, 02:30 PM   #278
Neotribal

Drives: '07 Blazing Blue Yaris LB
Hey guys...

I don't ever post, but I read the forums from time to time, that being said:

Put me on the list, I'd like to try one of these out when they come to fruition. Thanks to Chino for trying to help out the community!
Old 07-25-2007, 02:56 PM   #279
AlphaFox

Drives: 07' Yaris Liftback - silver
if you havnt noticed, they probably are not coming out with one... someone lock this thread.
Old 07-25-2007, 05:58 PM   #280
Chris07LB
Super Moderator

Drives: Yaris Liftback
ok.
Old 07-25-2007, 06:15 PM   #281
Thotprawsis

Drives: '07 Blazin' Blue LB
Hey Chino, I've been watching this thread for awhile now. You sound like someone who has their hands full! When you get this intake thing going, you can put me down for one. Just pm me when your ready and thanks for all you do on this site, you and the other mods rock!
Old 07-25-2007, 09:01 PM   #282
ChinoCharles
Banned

Drives: LB
Thanks for the support. Screen names noted.

I'm still trying to get something going. I have a shipment coming in tomorrow. Alpha, don't post about things you have no idea about. I know you're bitter, so why don't you let me worry about this thread? Mmmk?
Old 07-25-2007, 10:18 PM   #283
DMart
same amount of posts lol

Drives: 07 Meteorite Metallic LB
i'm fairly new to this forum but if this happens then i'm in, good luck chino and i support u all the way bro and i appreciate ur efforts
Old 07-25-2007, 10:42 PM   #284
kwb1959

Drives: 07 3D PW Man (PQ,KE)
Old 07-28-2007, 07:28 AM   #285
sort_o_sane
Yaris GSR LOL

Drives: 07 Yaris Hatch
Chino,
Fuck the people who can't wait, and/or don't understand that projects like this take "many moons" to prep for development let alone begin producing to fiullfill orders. The companies that are out there doind the same thing have several people doing what one little you are doing, sure with the help of others, but it's like someone else said, we all have jobs, school, families, sex, etc. so I completely understand the delay and would be doubtful, just to be honest, if you popped out with a CAI, SRI or some damn intake after a few months talking 'bout "TADA!!!"
Like I said, man, fuck'em if they got a problem, atleast you- and maybe a few true supporters- will have a genuine "Chinotake" that might have yarisworld.com logos on it just for shits and giggles.
Just promise everyone, even yourself one thing... YOU WON'T GO VISTA!
Old 07-28-2007, 12:28 PM   #286
Shroomster
'07 to '12:2 wipers to 1?

Drives: '12 5-door LE & '14 5-door LE
I'm still in on this....hopefully my wife can be one of the first in Florida with a Chinotake....
Old 07-28-2007, 01:52 PM   #287
ROCKLAND TOYOTA
TRIM HUNTER

Drives: 2007 BLAZIN BLUE YARIS 3 DR
DAMM more than 20 pages and still no official word on completion....

TOYOTA PARTS AT A DISCOUNT........
Old 07-29-2007, 12:37 AM   #288
eTiMaGo
vroom vroom

Drives: lil red 5-door
Send a message via AIM to eTiMaGo Send a message via MSN to eTiMaGo Send a message via Yahoo to eTiMaGo
The ChinoTake: The automobile equivalent of Duke Nukem Forever

Just kidding dude, you take all the time you need to create a kickass product

Bye bye 1NZ...
Closed Thread