Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Performance Modifications
  The Tire Rack

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-28-2009, 01:23 AM   #1
botchilah

Drives: white and red shiny things
Engine goodies for the Yaris

A friend's coming over there to NY and stay for 2mos. while his wife prepares fr the NY Bar Exams and I'm asking him to buy me some parts for my Supra and the Yaris.

Turns out a friend here in the Philippines is the local Megan Racing distributor so I'm waiting for a quote on all the Yaris stuff Megan has (suspension and chassis parts).

The local K&N distributor here (Speedlab) also has a custom K&N CAI for the Yaris plus a matching dyno-tested header that makes 8whp gain on its own. Probably down to pulling out the cat hehehe.

My own shop will fabricate me an exhaust (SUS304 mandrel elbows and straights welded together) so I think I've got the i/h/e mods covered. I've got a spare HKS DLI which I'll try installing onto my Yaris. Probably cobble up an oil-cooler kit using spares (sandwich plate, braided ss lines, and a used oil cooler core) we have at my shop.

I'm looking at getting other stuff from NST (love those pulley kits!) through my friend in NY.

My question is, what other engine stuff can I get? No turbos (yet), no high-comp pistons, no cams (are there any?). Any other bolt-on engine goodies?

I' d very much like to track / hillclimb / auto-x the Yaris and use it as a DD. I live 2 mins away from my office by car and drive mostly alone so I can compromise a lot on comfort but not reliability.

Any suggestions will help greatly! Thanks guys!
botchilah is offline   Reply With Quote