Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Forced Induction Forum
  The Tire Rack

Old 03-29-2009, 01:09 PM   #73
eTiMaGo
vroom vroom

Drives: lil red 5-door
Send a message via AIM to eTiMaGo Send a message via MSN to eTiMaGo Send a message via Yahoo to eTiMaGo
LOF, I posted a second excel file just before your post with more spirited acceleration, Open Loop seems to kick in at 75% throttle and above, though this should require some more testing

I'm not sure you can get injector info off the OBD bus?

But what do you think of that URF AF sensor device I posted earlier? By tweaking the response from the sensor it would have the ability to affect the short term fuel trim and thus richen it up a little as needed. I'm just not sure how the rear O2 sensor will react to that and cause trouble...

Bye bye 1NZ...
eTiMaGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 01:23 PM   #74
largeorangefont
Break'em off some.

Drives: 07 Yaris LB, 04 Cobra
Quote:
Originally Posted by eTiMaGo View Post
LOF, I posted a second excel file just before your post with more spirited acceleration, Open Loop seems to kick in at 75% throttle and above, though this should require some more testing

I'm not sure you can get injector info off the OBD bus?

But what do you think of that URF AF sensor device I posted earlier? By tweaking the response from the sensor it would have the ability to affect the short term fuel trim and thus richen it up a little as needed. I'm just not sure how the rear O2 sensor will react to that and cause trouble...
I saw that log, he is going too slow. We need long WOT pulls in a single gear, like you would do on a dyno.

Injector info is there on the OBD, the software just needs to be able to read it.

The problem with adjusting the fuel trim is that the car will readjust it back. The car can adjust fuel trims around +/- 25% before a CEL is thrown. Like I said, I have never really seen one that truly works. The car is constantly learing around your changes.

The rear 02 does nothing in relation to fueling. It is only there to insure the pre cats are functioning.
largeorangefont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 02:04 PM   #75
eTiMaGo
vroom vroom

Send a message via AIM to eTiMaGo Send a message via MSN to eTiMaGo Send a message via Yahoo to eTiMaGo
hmmm i believe those are stored values when you have a CEL, not the dynamic values like you've logged so far...

Bye bye 1NZ...
Old 03-29-2009, 02:14 PM   #76
eTiMaGo
vroom vroom

right right gotcha... well this is way over my head, and I need to get to bed, so I won't be much help

Bye bye 1NZ...
Old 03-29-2009, 09:42 PM   #77
Nexus1155
Bathroom + Laptop = <3

Drives: Audi
Send a message via AIM to Nexus1155
some links i found but im in the process of reading them

http://www.autospeed.com/cms/A_2388/article.html
http://autospeed.com/cms/A_2695/article.html
Nexus1155 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 09:54 PM   #78
largeorangefont
Break'em off some.

Drives: 07 Yaris LB, 04 Cobra
Quote:
Originally Posted by PK198105 View Post
LOF i got no engine mods so far and i need a longer straight with no one in front of me to do it safely and properly. ill try and do a run like you said from 2000k and up in each gear.
That would be great. Even seeing what a stock car does will be very helpful. Is there anything on the PID list relating to the fuel injectors?

Your list for that other pull had all the stuff we need, except for injector duty cycle or pulse width.
largeorangefont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 01:57 AM   #79
aucorium
AKA Samurai Racer

Drives: Yaris 2006
Send a message via MSN to aucorium
hey Guys

FYI , i chatted to a few guys with the SMT6 chip here in RSA, and they werent all that happy with the chip and have since changed to UNICHIP , im not sure if this is isolated senario's but just thought i'd give you guys the heads up.Problems reported are fueling and idiling , but like i said , could just be the cars that were tuned , i will keep an eye out for more info.
aucorium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 02:40 AM   #80
eTiMaGo
vroom vroom

thanks for the heads up, aucorium...

Today I tested something... As you might know I have a basic AF gauge hooked in to the factory sensor, it's not all that useful, but can show me when the car goes to open loop (in closed loop the AF ratio keeps oscillation rich-lean-rich-lean, as this is the most efficient way for the catalyser to work, wile in open loop the needle stays still). So, leaving the house, I shifted up to third at a rather low speed and put the throttle down. The engine was too low in RPMs to gain any sensible speed, but sure enough, AF needle pegged itself at 14:1 after a second, and stayed there until I let my foot off the gas.

I should have a chance to get on the highway late tonight and repeat the experiment in other gears/conditions, but this is quite promising!

Bye bye 1NZ...
Old 03-30-2009, 04:25 AM   #81
aucorium
AKA Samurai Racer

mmm , that seems to show some promise , nice one!! let us know how the test goes.
Old 03-30-2009, 04:53 AM   #82
aucorium
AKA Samurai Racer

FYI

i am busy researching us a Dastek Uni - Q chip , apparently this works on the yaris , it worked on my buddies honda fit 1.5 , so im gonna see if i can get a plug and play setup , as the guys here claim to have one for the yaris , i will keep you posted.

here is the chip:

http://www.dastek.co.uk/features_unichip.htm

it can control VVT aswell !
Old 03-31-2009, 01:35 PM   #83
eTiMaGo
vroom vroom

here it is in excel format with in-cell bar graphs to show the relations a bit better

http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/691356/FastRun.xls

Bye bye 1NZ...
Old 08-17-2011, 03:54 PM   #84
lammy29

Drives: Yaris
any updates after all these years?
lammy29 is offline   Reply With Quote