Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 08-11-2010, 08:23 AM   #1
N2scouting

Drives: 2009 3DHB manual Black
5th gear messing up

I have recently noticed that it is getting difficult to shift my 2009 3DRLB manual transaxle into 5TH gear. Has anyone noticed this? Is there a TSB on this? Any information is appreciated. Thanks All.
N2scouting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 12:39 PM   #2
nick.dollimount
Yaris = <3

Drives: '08 Sedan - Flint Mica
I've recently been noticing my shifting getting harder and harder. I took it into the dealership a couple times and both times on the receipt, it said, "Test drove; normal shifting for Yaris." Sooooo I did some more reading about transmission oil change. I learned to drive a manual on this car so grinding the gears at the beginning was a given. A lot of grinding.... soooo I changed my transmission oil to fully synthetic and it has helped the shifting. I plan to do it again in about 1000Km to get more of the old oil out of it.

http://yarisworld.com/forums/showthr...ght=diy+tranny

Check that out. It was pretty easy. Just make sure you have a long enough tube from the funnel WITHOUT KINKS. The kink that was in mine gave me a headache.
==============================
Debadged Rear; Blue Interior Styling; Toyota Sports Pedals; AM Exhaust Tip; OEM Spoiler; Upgraded Speakers; Sony Xplod BT 2600 Deck; Infinity Basslink SUB/AMP in Trunk; 16" Konig Rims; 6000k HID Bi-Xenons; 6000k HID Fogs; NST Short Shifter
==============================
nick.dollimount is offline   Reply With Quote