Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Cosmetic Modifications (Exterior/Interior)
  The Tire Rack

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-28-2010, 01:07 AM   #1
fnkngrv
Mr. 155 and climbing

Drives: Seriously Modded 07 Sedan
Toyota Skull Emblem GB Feeler...

Alright, Garm has just posted the below sticker on his vendor site microimageonline.com and in his thread he has stated that if we could come up with 50 emblems sold then he would do what it takes to have them actually made. These emblems would replace the Toyota emblems on our cars; this would be a real molded aluminum emblem, 3d just like OEM. I will be the first on the list. I would not expect Garm to look into it nor provide pricing without serious interest so let's go YW...if you think it is cool and would buy then get on the list!

Alright, after having a long discussion with Garm in regards to this we think that the best option for pricing and ability to even get this done would be to have for example rears only made and have them tooled in aluminum to provide the 3d effect like an OEM emblem. This would allow those that wish to polish the emblem to get the shiny sheen like a chrome piece and those that would wish to just paint the emblem to what ever color they want, be it matte black, glossy black, white, etc...

The LB and Sedan have different emblems so that means that we will need to fix the list to identify which you would wish to purchase. Also it needs to be understood that going the aluminum route will make a huge difference as Garm would have a lot invested up front going the plastic route which he might never recover cost on.

Depending on how well he is able to sell the rears may be able to warrant having the fronts done down the road or even up front...it all depends on interest. When it comes to cost, that will also be up in the air until the real demand is figured out. He did give a base example of the Netz/Vitz badging costing roughly 20 per emblem however that is a normal sale and not a GB. I have modified the numbers then for each member and ask that you either verify via PM or in the thread on whether or not you want to move forward with the new info as well as verifying whether you want LB or Sedan.

Sedans:

1) fnkngrv (Sedan)
2) toad (Sedan)
3) Focus_Sh1ft (Sedan)
4) Qilene15 (Sedan)
5) rningonfumes x2 (Sedan)
6) LA Yaris (Sedan)
7) Fury85 (Sedan)
8) GeneralDon7 (Sedan)
9) xslowxpokex (Sedan)
10) big lo (Sedan)

Sedan Total: 11

LBs:

1) RedRide (LB)
2) DevilGirl (LB)
3) CTScott (LB)
4) toad (LB)
5) schleppy (LB)
6) why? (LB)
7) MGargano (LB)
8) Mavix (LB)
9) tk-421 (LB)
10) Cosmonaut (LB)
11) zachryboles (LB)
12) valpoyaris (LB)
13) dingbat (LB)
14) H3LlIoN (LB)
15) ryota (LB)
16) bobselectric (LB)
17) PerfectoII x2 (LB)
18) dmfang (LB)
19) wsladaritz (LB)
20) PhillyG (LB)
21) YamilR (LB)
22) Antara x2 (LB)
23) pennyracer (LB)

LB Total: 25

36 of 50

NOTE: I am in no way gaining profit from this endeavor. I just want the ability to purchase a cool product.

Youtube Channel: Team Tiamat Racing

Class record holder in Land Speed @ 154.5mph for 1.5 mile and 145.5mph in the mile in the F (2.016 to 3.014 L), G (1.524 to 2.015 L), and H (1.016 to 1.523 L) classes.

Last edited by fnkngrv; 05-30-2010 at 10:59 PM.