Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Performance Modifications
  The Tire Rack

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-03-2007, 08:55 PM   #11
NonStopTuning

Drives: NST CARS: S13 AE86 ANT10 AW11
Quote:
Originally Posted by csts View Post
Hey everyone this is my first post here

I have two noob questions concerning the pulleys

1st: I live in Montreal, Canada and our winters can get quite cold. Will it have any extreme effects on the pulley due to the aluminum construction?

2nd: will it mess in any way with the warranty?

Good questions.

1. We use a grade of aluminum which is what the aircraft industry and NASA (cold space adventures) use in building certain components. We then HARD anodize our pulleys for extra strength. No, the main purpose of anodizing is not to make your pulley look pretty. Companies that tell you bare aluminum pulleys are just as strong as anodized ones should not be dealt with.

2. There is a US act called the Moss Act. Basically it states that ANY aftermarket component can be used, and can not void warranty, unless said component can be proven beyond doubt to have caused specific failure related to that area of the car.

2b. I have found through personal experience that dealer service managers will take very good care of their customers when the customers are professional and mature with their attitudes and behavior. Individuals who go to dealerships and act like the dealer owes them the world will be refused for the smallest of issues, others will not.

NonStopTuning is offline   Reply With Quote