Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Wash, Wax, Detailing, Exterior Repairs
  The Tire Rack

Old 12-09-2006, 10:14 PM   #1
BMGYaris

Drives: Yaris 3dr Hatchback
dent on the edge of door

hey guys, i searched and didnt find anythin about this. The wind blew my door open and it slammed into another car, his was ok:) but the edge of my door has a little popped indentation now. So it is over the lip of the door, so i should be able to bend it back or something, im just wondering how i should do that? any special tools? i am mostly worried about trying to and making the paint chip
BMGYaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2006, 10:50 PM   #2
Black Yaris
der Zeck

Drives: '05 Audi A4 1.8t quattro
paintless dent removal
Old 12-10-2006, 01:59 AM   #3
BMGYaris

well, i found this on a website

Paintless dent repair is very effective for the following situations:

* from very small to large dents;
* generally 1990 model year and newer vehicles;
* the paint has not been broken or cracked;
* the dent is not near the edge of a panel;
* the panel has not had previous body repair.

and mine is on the very edge of the door....it looks like it should be really easy to repair, but this says paintless dent removals are not for the edge of door panels
Old 12-10-2006, 09:55 AM   #4
vodkalush
I drive a yarrrris

Drives: 07 Sedan Polar White
Send a message via AIM to vodkalush
yah dude, you might be SOL on the dentless approach, but the easiest way to know for sure is to call one up in your area and let them know the situation; cause they will know for sure weither they can or cant fix the dent

Docotrs say all the drikning has mesesd up my seplilng and radieng

will work for parts
vodkalush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006, 10:23 AM   #5
spkrman
Banned

Drives: 1
rubber mallet?
spkrman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006, 01:26 PM   #6
punch

Drives: 2007 Yaris Sedan "D" package
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMGYaris View Post
hey guys, i searched and didnt find anythin about this. The wind blew my door open and it slammed into another car, his was ok:)

you think its funny to damage another person's car and drive away? No way you dented your door, but caused no damage to the other car!
punch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006, 01:37 PM   #7
Cathy

Drives: Yaris Hatchback
Quote:
Originally Posted by punch View Post
you think its funny to damage another person's car and drive away? No way you dented your door, but caused no damage to the other car!
Well, this happened to my Tercel several years ago, it was blown into the other cars rubber door guard. There wasn't even a smudge of white paint on the black rubber, but there was a pretty big dent in my door edge. The other cars owner was there, he saw that there were no damage to his car, but he was pretty amazed at the damage to my door.

Cathy
Cathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006, 03:38 PM   #8
BMGYaris

YEA i dont think i said anywhere it was funny, except the smile that it didnt damage his car. I asked for help on getting my door repaired not on people drawing judgments against me. I said his was ok, and thats what i meant, nothing at all on his big and hard as hell trucklike SUV whereas the edge of my door crumpled a little bit and was dented. I dont see where you get off drawing conclusions on something that you didnt see and happened on the other side of the continent from you? How about you help out or keep it to yourself and trust what someone says a little bit.
Old 12-10-2006, 09:09 PM   #9
MrMondayNite

Drives: 07 Yaris LB
Maybe it would not have been as severe if you would have had door edge protection. I've already banged my door into brick in my inlaws diveway,thats why I just ordered from japan parts Door edge guards, only thing is the color wont be a perfect match to my Meteroite Metallic. Good luck.
04 BMW 330 XI (Traded in)
03 VW Jetta GLX VR6 (gave to Dad)
01 Civic EX (gave to Mom)
MrMondayNite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006, 10:36 PM   #10
spkrman
Banned

Drives: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMondayNite View Post
Maybe it would not have been as severe if you would have had door edge protection. I've already banged my door into brick in my inlaws diveway,thats why I just ordered from japan parts Door edge guards, only thing is the color wont be a perfect match to my Meteroite Metallic. Good luck.
only good for preventing scratches, would have still dented, more than likely.
spkrman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006, 12:27 PM   #11
hystria

Drives: 2007 Orange Yaris Hb 3Drs
Your dealer sells a paint pen. Press first on a flat surface untill you see the paint coming out, then slightly press the pen on the chip. I would suggest putting 2-3 layers - let it dry before each one.

hystria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2006, 02:50 AM   #12
BMGYaris

WELL, for anybody else who reads this, there is no paint chipping, the edge of the door bent in so you can see it and if you run your hand along the door (open or closed) there is a little valley there now. not a paint issue though i suspect if i use the rubber mallet it will be.