Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Marketplace > Items for Sale by private party
  The Tire Rack

Old 08-26-2016, 05:20 PM   #1
Herbicidal
Just a Herbicidal maniac.

Drives: 2008 Yaris S Sedan Flint Mica
FS: TRD Cold Air Intake (CAI).

For either a hatchback or sedan. 2006 - 2011. Model number: PTR03-52070 I had it installed on my 2008 sedan 'S' combined with a Megan Racing 4-1 header (also for sale). I am including the filter "speed clean kit" with the fluid levels shown in the picture. The filter was just cleaned but not re-oiled. Installation instructions for the cold air intake are included. $195.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ColdAir1.jpg (123.5 KB, 598 views)
File Type: jpg ColdAir2.jpg (118.3 KB, 592 views)
File Type: jpg ColdAir3.jpg (87.9 KB, 587 views)
File Type: jpg ColdAir5.jpg (78.0 KB, 588 views)
2008 Toyota Yaris (Vios) 'S' sedan, Flint Mica, dropped on TRD springs, TRD anti-sway bar. Tinted rear windows. Lenso Samurai SC02 hyper black 17" x 7" rims, wrapped in 205x40x17 Federal ss595's. Color matched eyelids. Vios badge. Body color trunk trim (was chrome). Lamin-X tint on rear tails. Custom center exit exhaust. Tanabe front strut tower brace.
Herbicidal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2016, 07:26 PM   #2
ern-diz

Drives: 2007 Liftback
Curious; why are you selling?
ern-diz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2016, 01:55 PM   #3
Herbicidal

Short version: Smog Police.

Long version: Whenever I need to have the car smogged, I remove the CAI and replace with the stock air intake. So no issue there. However, this last time they finally noticed the Megan header so it did not pass visual. I replaced the header with my stock manifold and it passed.

So, I really like how the Megan header and the TRD CAI work together. But, I don't feel like putting the header back on now, then have to take it back off again the next time I have to smog it. Not that it is all that hard to do, just putting my time elsewhere. The TRD CAI is not that big a deal to take on and off, but without the header too, I might as well sell the CAI. I plan on using part of the proceeds to get a different head unit.

Oh well, it was fun while it lasted!
2008 Toyota Yaris (Vios) 'S' sedan, Flint Mica, dropped on TRD springs, TRD anti-sway bar. Tinted rear windows. Lenso Samurai SC02 hyper black 17" x 7" rims, wrapped in 205x40x17 Federal ss595's. Color matched eyelids. Vios badge. Body color trunk trim (was chrome). Lamin-X tint on rear tails. Custom center exit exhaust. Tanabe front strut tower brace.
Old 08-27-2016, 05:19 PM   #4
Exiwolfman

Drives: 2007 Yaris
Quote:
Originally Posted by Herbicidal View Post

Long version: Whenever I need to have the car smogged, I remove the CAI and replace with the stock air intake. So no issue there. However, this last time they finally noticed the Megan header so it did not pass visual. I replaced the header with my stock manifold and it passed.

So, I really like how the Megan header and the TRD CAI work together. But, I don't feel like putting the header back on now, then have to take it back off again the next time I have to smog it. Not that it is all that hard to do, just putting my time elsewhere. The TRD CAI is not that big a deal to take on and off, but without the header too, I might as well sell the CAI. I plan on using part of the proceeds to get a different head unit.

Oh well, it was fun while it lasted!
Where about are u located, never had any problems with smog test and aftermarket parts..car passes each time here in Ontario Canada.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
Exiwolfman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2016, 08:56 PM   #5
WeeYari

Drives: 06 Polar White 5dr, 13 Soul 4u
He's in California where part of the smog test is a visual inspection of the vehicle. Don't do visual here in Ontario. Just hook up to computer and either pass or fail.
Old 08-27-2016, 08:57 PM   #6
Exiwolfman

Drives: 2007 Yaris
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeeYari View Post
He's in California where part of the smog test is a visual inspection of the vehicle. Don't do visual here in Ontario. Just hook up to computer and either pass or fail.
We have it easy...for now lol

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
Exiwolfman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2016, 09:35 PM   #7
Herbicidal

Now asking $175.
Old 09-12-2016, 01:19 PM   #8
vivalaflam
Enthusiast

Drives: 07 Yaris HB 1.3 (EU)
How much does this weigh? Asking for shipping quote
Old 09-12-2016, 06:24 PM   #9
Herbicidal

Hello, I will get the shipping weight for you tonight.
Old 09-12-2016, 10:15 PM   #10
Herbicidal

Since I'm not exactly sure where you are in Greece, here is the shipping weight and dimensions coming from my zip code of 95747 in CA, USA.

Weight: 3 pounds, 11 ounces (not including the oiling kit, won't fit in the box). Dimensions in inches: 14 3/4 x 7 1/2 x 8 1/4
Old 09-22-2016, 11:55 AM   #11
Herbicidal

For my Yaris brethren, if you're interested please make me a realistic offer (no low ballers) and I'll consider it. Rather have someone be able to use it than just sitting in a box in my garage. Thanks!
Old 09-22-2016, 06:49 PM   #12
vivalaflam
Enthusiast

Drives: 07 Yaris HB 1.3 (EU)
Hi, sorry for taking too long, I've been busy. Turns out shipping would be sky high. Good luck selling it though. Only if I were living in the states... oh I'd get it in a heartbeat.
Old 09-22-2016, 09:14 PM   #13
Herbicidal

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivalaflam View Post
Hi, sorry for taking too long, I've been busy. Turns out shipping would be sky high. Good luck selling it though. Only if I were living in the states... oh I'd get it in a heartbeat.
No worries! Appreciate the reply and sorry to hear it's so expensive to ship.
Old 10-06-2016, 05:59 PM   #14
Herbicidal

Bump.
Old 10-09-2016, 11:47 PM   #15
henry217
I've made a post!

Drives: Vios
good item you had here.. do you have a pic of after you install it?
henry217 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2016, 09:07 PM   #16
Herbicidal

Quote:
Originally Posted by henry217 View Post
good item you had here.. do you have a pic of after you install it?
Thanks. Had to dig deep into my photo album. The air filter part is tucked out of sight. Here you go:

Want to buy it? It would look even better in your car!
Old 10-11-2016, 08:30 PM   #17
SirDigby

Drives: 2007 yaris 3 door
Quote:
Originally Posted by Herbicidal View Post

However, this last time they finally noticed the Megan header so it did not pass visual. I replaced the header with my stock manifold and it passed.
you should get a heatshield cover and mount it to the exhaust manifold. it would be pretty easy to hide...
SirDigby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2016, 12:57 PM   #18
Herbicidal

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirDigby View Post
you should get a heatshield cover and mount it to the exhaust manifold. it would be pretty easy to hide...
I did think about that, but now that I've been 'tagged' as a violator they may look more closely at my car next time. Just not worth the risk. Hopefully someone outside of CA would be interested in buying it where you don't have to worry about a visual inspection. What is frustrating is that the car easily passed several smog tests before, so clearly the header is no worse than stock from an emissions standpoint but does provide more performance.