Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Performance Modifications
  The Tire Rack

Old 10-10-2009, 07:16 PM   #1
PETERPOOP

Drives: 08 white liftback
niceeeeee! i'm jealous

i knew it had more power than the blitz when i saw the video of it taking off with a passenger inside. can't you put an intercooler on that kit too and get an advertised 150whp with it. Since he's getting 145whp as of now, that intercooler could maybe take him to 155 + whp. I believe the kit only advertised that it puts down 140whp; so you already have a good thing going!

Now get a headerback exhaust setup. ;)
PETERPOOP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 04:51 PM   #2
frownonfun

Drives: 09 Yaris HB, 08 SR5 Tundra
Quote:
Originally Posted by PETERPOOP View Post
niceeeeee! i'm jealous

i knew it had more power than the blitz when i saw the video of it taking off with a passenger inside. can't you put an intercooler on that kit too and get an advertised 150whp with it. Since he's getting 145whp as of now, that intercooler could maybe take him to 155 + whp. I believe the kit only advertised that it puts down 140whp; so you already have a good thing going!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozmdd View Post
FROWNONFUN had 145 WHP from the S/C setup we installed a few weeks ago, and that's with stock tuning (piggyback) and no other mods besides axle-back and NST Alt pulley!! I believe that's around 6 lbs boost.
to be fair i also have a kyle busch license plate frame for my back plate. could account for the extra hp.

also i'll put an intercooler in when garm finishes that hood from the contest. and if garm still has a few dc sports headers in stock on friday i'll be picking one of those up too.

I crush you like tiny clown car, because you are clown, yes?
frownonfun is offline   Reply With Quote