Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Cosmetic Modifications (Exterior/Interior)
  The Tire Rack

Old 08-14-2014, 08:56 PM   #1
firebird1999us

Drives: 2003 Mach 1
Thumbs up Microimage hoodlift kit + HMC Billet engraved plate!

This post was tremendously helpful to me in terms of lower bracket placement:

http://www.yarisworld.com/forums/sho...9&postcount=15

And the final product:

I'm glad this didn't involve me readjusting the hood like I had to on my Mach 1! Once I figured out bracket placement and got out my adjustable socket extentension I was good. Although I did still put painters tape on the bodt to avoid any dings or scratches where I was working. The directions seem simple enough but I was kind of confused as to why the picture indicates the bracket attached to the hood looked like it was upside down. In any case easy install once I found the above post to see what I was doing wrong. Mismounting the bottom brackets can cause the strut to get scratched so be careful before you attach everything and just close the hood! It was a lot of work to replace the crude looking prop - but I definitely like the end result!

And on an unrelated note here's the plate I just received from HMC billet - I'm going to add locking screws to it. I've got another plate from a company called MGW for my mustang that's quite a bit thicker but this one is pretty good quality for the price:

firebird1999us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 09:19 PM   #2
Exiwolfman

Drives: 2007 Yaris
i like that , looks good and functional too
Exiwolfman is offline   Reply With Quote