Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site (http://www.yarisworld.com/forums/index.php)
-   Performance Modifications (http://www.yarisworld.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   A Sub 4 Rostra cruise control (am in Texas) (http://www.yarisworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3035)

elo79 12-14-2006 11:22 AM

A Sub 4 Rostra cruise control (am in Texas)

Hello, am new to the yaris world forums and I think you guys have an awesome community. I recently bought a 07 LB and been wanting to do some Mods.

I really like a tach/scangage but most of all a cruise control system. I looked up Rostra because I read some good info on the forums about it but my only problem is that I live in Texas and they will not sell it to me, unless I get it from dealer directly.

Does anyone know of a good Sub for the Rostra brand?

thanks

punch 12-14-2006 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elo79 (Post 41952)
Hello, am new to the yaris world forums and I think you guys have an awesome community. I recently bought a 07 LB and been wanting to do some Mods.

I really like a tach/scangage but most of all a cruise control system. I looked up Rostra because I read some good info on the forums about it but my only problem is that I live in Texas and they will not sell it to me, unless I get it from dealer directly.

Does anyone know of a good Sub for the Rostra brand?

thanks

ebay

elo79 12-14-2006 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by punch (Post 41955)
ebay

I tried but they wont ship to Texas, not Rostra

OK Yaris 12-14-2006 09:38 PM

Do you have a good friend or relative in another state? You could have the Rostra cruise sent there and your friend/relative could mail it to you. You'd still save big $$ over buying one from Toyota. I understand what you're going through. I'm in Oklahoma and ran into the same silly agreement Rostra has with Toyota.

The cruise was worth the little extra trouble to get it. I drive 80 highway miles per day. It makes my fuel mileage more consistent, keeps me from getting a speeding ticket and my right leg feels a lot better. Mike :thumbsup:

elo79 12-15-2006 04:11 PM

so basically Rostra is the only company that makes a cruise control system for the yaris MT?

punch 12-15-2006 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elo79 (Post 42232)
so basically Rostra is the only company that makes a cruise control system for the yaris MT?

yep!

MD2020 12-15-2006 11:37 PM

How much does your local dealership want for one? I got mine for $220ish off of ebay from some dude. If they are close to that price jump on it.

elo79 12-16-2006 03:53 PM

I have not called the dealer but a local distributor said 475 installed and I thought that was kinda high. Am sure I can install it my self.

I also saw this one on e-bay does not look like rostra am going to see if they can ship to TX

boris13 12-18-2006 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elo79 (Post 42391)
I have not called the dealer but a local distributor said 475 installed and I thought that was kinda high. Am sure I can install it my self.

I also saw this one on e-bay does not look like rostra am going to see if they can ship to TX

That's a Rostra unit.

elo79 12-19-2006 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elo79 (Post 42391)
I also saw this one on e-bay

He will ship to TX,

"I bought it and I’ll sell it to who ever I want" <- don’t tell on him

I will be ordering this after the New Year

EDIT: your right it is Rostra