Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old Yesterday, 03:30 AM   #1
funky2nite

Drives: 2013 Hybrid 1.5L T4
Exclamation Gone over a massive bump in the road and these lit up all 4. Thoughts?

Hey all, just gone over a massive dip in the road due to baf maintenance and all these 4 lit up afterwards.

I also heard like a small metal plate cling to the road (could also have been on the road already). Walked over the pot hole and couldn't see any metal bits in there.

The bottom of the front bumper rubbed the road, to give you extent of the depression in the road. Completely forgotten about this bit of the unmaintained stretch. But the same happens when coming out of multi storey car parks. https://imgur.com/gallery/SrfDFnv

Car drives normally, yet driving with all 4 lights is a bit concerning.

Ive a suspicion a sensor could have fallen out of place or dislodged hence the traction control light.

Thoughts? Thanks all
funky2nite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 05:43 PM   #2
funky2nite

Drives: 2013 Hybrid 1.5L T4
Talking Issue seems resolved - thanks God

Anyone that encounters this issue,

The way I apparently fixed mine is as follows:

Tracktion control light stopped showing after the second trip from when it lit up. But might also go away by disconnecting the 12v AUX battery under rear seat.

The hybrid system was restored again by either disconnecting aux battery for 5 minutes OR under the hood in the corner next to the orange HV cables there's an fusebox called HV, open it up and there's a fat white wire, using a flat head screw driver disconnect it for 5 mins then reconnect it, then turn key to on position BUT not to start the car, wait 5 seconds, thwtn turn key off again and this time turn key on until you start car and EV system shall be reset. In my case it become possible again to use car in EV mode or hybrid.

As after the bump EV mode/hybrid system got disabled. I suspect the batteries moved by few mm with the bump and caused the hiccup in the EV system and for safety it disables whole EV system until it's reset.

There's a clip on yt on how to reset hybrid system toyota.
funky2nite is offline   Reply With Quote