Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 06-09-2011, 11:46 PM   #1
slugsyaris

Drives: 2010 black sedan
Not sure what to do...looking for some help!

So today I was at the dealership for an oil change(only because its free). While I was waiting I decided to walk the lot looking at the new Highlander for my wife when I came across a left-over 2010 sedan. And here is the problem I created for myself...
I bought my 2010 3 door LB at the end of November which I love everything about but my wife doesn't. We have a 2 month old son who has never seen the inside of my car because its too small for all three of us and his stroller. Which means when we go out we take her Acadia but at almost $4.20 its getting expensive. So I decided to talk to my dealer about a possible trade. When all is said and done it would be about $50 more per month for the sedan which by the way is fully loaded power everything, auto, cruise, keyless entry and my LB is base model.
So I ask should I go through with the trade???
slugsyaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 12:21 AM   #2
Altitude

Drives: '08 LB MT Bayou
It might be cheaper in the long run to consider a 60/40 split rear seat if you don't have one already. You should easily fit all three and a stroller with that setup.
Altitude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 12:43 AM   #3
JumpmanYaris
USAF_SrA_E-4

Drives: C300 / Del Sol
Send a message via ICQ to JumpmanYaris Send a message via AIM to JumpmanYaris Send a message via MSN to JumpmanYaris Send a message via Yahoo to JumpmanYaris
DO IT
JumpmanYaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 12:51 AM   #4
slugsyaris

My LB has the split rear. Fitting everything would be tight, so tight that my wife isn't comfortable squeezing us into the LB. Plus she has said since day one she'd rather the sedan...so do I make her happy and get the sedan?
Old 06-10-2011, 01:00 AM   #5
JumpmanYaris
USAF_SrA_E-4

Drives: C300 / Del Sol
Send a message via ICQ to JumpmanYaris Send a message via AIM to JumpmanYaris Send a message via MSN to JumpmanYaris Send a message via Yahoo to JumpmanYaris
Quote:
Originally Posted by slugsyaris View Post
My LB has the split rear. Fitting everything would be tight, so tight that my wife isn't comfortable squeezing us into the LB. Plus she has said since day one she'd rather the sedan...so do I make her happy and get the sedan?
do ur self a favor and make her happy as well GET IT
JumpmanYaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 07:23 AM   #6
jambo101

Drives: yaris 08 sedan
If the kid and all its paraphernalia dont fit in the 3dr hatch, you are left with little choice but to get a car thats more in tune with family life..get the sedan. Once the kid is out of the baby years that sedan will probably be just about at the trade in point and something more sportier maybe considered..
jambo101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 12:15 PM   #7
Black_griffin6

Drives: 09 Meteoric Metallic 3 door HB
What about selling the Acadia? Then you'd have 2 cars that cost considerably less to run, and you'd still have the practicality of a sedan.
Black_griffin6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 01:00 PM   #8
Betrivent
Not quite a noob

Drives: e46 325
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black_griffin6 View Post
What about selling the Acadia? Then you'd have 2 cars that cost considerably less to run, and you'd still have the practicality of a sedan.
This might be an option too.
Betrivent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 01:08 PM   #9
slugsyaris

I think Im gonna trade in my LB tomorrow! As for trading/selling in the Acadia we just least it in August plus its an awesome truck. My Yaris was just supposed to be my get to work cheap car and not the family car but seeing gas in Westchester is still $4.20 a gallon parking my Yaris on my days off is starting to not make sense anymore. So the sedan it is! Thanks for everyones advice!
Old 06-10-2011, 04:49 PM   #10
P Davis

Drives: 2007 Toyota Yaris S
Get the sedan!!! I have one the "yaris S" I love it .I have hauled eldery moms wheel chair in the trunk mom in the front and grown daughter in the back seat.. You can always get a loaded one with spolier put come wheels on it and you will be stying!!!

DO IT!!!!
P Davis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 11:08 PM   #11
slugsyaris

So I went to the dealership today and put my deposit down for my sedan but didnt have time to finish the paperwork so back I go in the morning. So if everything goes as Im hoping I should have my sedan monday afternoon!

But I took a walk around it and noticed that the stock tires on sedan are Goodyears but the stock on my LB are Bridgestones!? Why would Toyota have two different tires on the same model year cars? And which ones are better? The tread looked like it would be a good all season and to me they're quieter than the bridgestones.
Also what kind of MPG's does the auto sedan actually get?
Old 06-12-2011, 12:26 AM   #12
carnageehw

Drives: 2010 Fusion Hybrid
I had a young one with the 4 door sedan, and everything fit fine, so you will be good in that sense.

The extra good news is that when it's time to sell the car, a power everything sedan will net you a lot more money.
carnageehw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 04:53 AM   #13
MickZEL

Drives: Yaris sedan
My son is 7 years old and it feels great in the back seat of a sedan.
There's a lot of space.
MickZEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 09:35 AM   #14
JTDBT903

Drives: '08 SEDAN 5 SPD.
Sedan FTW!

More room and better looks............................