Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Performance Modifications
  The Tire Rack

Old 06-27-2007, 07:50 AM   #1
slvryaris

Drives: 2007 Yaris Sedan S
TRD Exhaust is on an S Sedan

Got my TRD exhaust lastnight from trdsparks.com and took me less then 30 minutes to get the old one off and the new one on. The easiest way is to use the stock jack and just get the suspension up a little not the whole tire which I found to be faster by loosening the bolts from outside the car looking inbetween the tire and inner fender then undo the bolts from the stock exhaust then lube up the hangers and slide them off....*note to self leave the back hanger or the middle one to take off last*. Then I lubed the hangers on the TRD exhaust and snaked it through and over the axle and worked my way from the bumper to the exhaust connection inserting the hangers.

If anyone is wondering there are no clearance issues with the tip and the bumper even on an "S" sedan.

I was kind of shocked to see that there was NOT a gasket in between the connections on the stock exhaust. Torqued the springs and bolts down and fired her up. The sound is deep and throaty and when reved it doesnt sound the least bit raspy. If anyone has an intake it almost has the same deepness except out the rear.

In conclusion it is a definite must for any sedan owners lookin for an easy exhaust to install that looks and sounds good. So hit up www.trdsparks.com and let Ken and Josh hook ya up.
slvryaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 10:40 AM   #2
punch

Drives: 2007 Yaris Sedan "D" package
Quote:
Originally Posted by slvryaris View Post
Got my TRD exhaust lastnight from trdsparks.com and took me less then 30 minutes to get the old one off and the new one on. The easiest way is to use the stock jack and just get the suspension up a little not the whole tire which I found to be faster by loosening the bolts from outside the car looking inbetween the tire and inner fender then undo the bolts from the stock exhaust then lube up the hangers and slide them off....*note to self leave the back hanger or the middle one to take off last*. Then I lubed the hangers on the TRD exhaust and snaked it through and over the axle and worked my way from the bumper to the exhaust connection inserting the hangers.

If anyone is wondering there are no clearance issues with the tip and the bumper even on an "S" sedan.

I was kind of shocked to see that there was NOT a gasket in between the connections on the stock exhaust. Torqued the springs and bolts down and fired her up. The sound is deep and throaty and when reved it doesnt sound the least bit raspy. If anyone has an intake it almost has the same deepness except out the rear.

In conclusion it is a definite must for any sedan owners lookin for an easy exhaust to install that looks and sounds good. So hit up www.trdsparks.com and let Ken and Josh hook ya up.
sound clips please.....video etc....
punch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 12:08 PM   #3
AlphaFox

Drives: 07' Yaris Liftback - silver
slvr, so you have a deep rear now? haha
I would like to hear some clips as well, I want this for the LB but $340 is a lot...
AlphaFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 04:54 PM   #4
slvryaris

I rebuilt my computer case and I trashed my old card reader, but I will try to get something of it on here. If you have ever heard Violin his sounds the same. very sporty not raspy. Here is his you tube post.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=T3cnyLYwCMk

There is also one of a Tanabe Touring on there too. Just type in Yaris Exhaust. I just dont have alot of options with the sedan, and didnt want to do a custom without knowing what it sounded like.
Old 06-28-2007, 12:35 AM   #5
slvryaris

Here is a pic of it, and I will have video and audio tomorrow.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Picture 001.jpg (48.3 KB, 568 views)
Old 06-28-2007, 10:39 AM   #6
AlphaFox

That doesnt look like the TRD exaust, unless the sedan version is different looking than then liftback..
Old 06-29-2007, 07:02 AM   #7
slvryaris

Sedan is longer plus check with Violin cause I know that TRD was changing part numbers. The old part number looked like the stock muffler but with a stainless and a tip on the end of it, but I dont know if they were going to keep that stock looking muffler. Here is the thread.

http://www.yarisworld.com/forums/sho...ht=TRD+Exhaust

If you go on the TRD website this new setup is the part number for the Base Sedan both auto and manual and the "S" Sedan auto and manual. The liftback is a different part number, but I have no idea what it looks like, but if you go to you tube and check out Violins video the response sound and everything is the same. Personally I didnt want to do a custom setup unless I knew what it was going to sound like.
Old 07-02-2007, 02:13 PM   #8
AlphaFox

I just ordered one from my dealer, he matched the sparks price and the best part is I should have it next day from them. It does indeed look like the one you got except the tip is closer in since its the LB. does anyone have any info on the 'noise and emmisions certified in all 50 states' statement? if I get pulled over I want to have something to show the cop.
Old 07-07-2007, 12:07 PM   #9
ROCKLAND TOYOTA
TRIM HUNTER

Drives: 2007 BLAZIN BLUE YARIS 3 DR
Quote:
Originally Posted by slvryaris View Post
Here is a pic of it, and I will have video and audio tomorrow.
i really don't like the way that looks at all. my jdm version looks way better..........

TOYOTA PARTS AT A DISCOUNT........
ROCKLAND TOYOTA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 01:59 PM   #10
punch

because alot of people crawl under you car and look at the exhaust right?
Old 07-07-2007, 02:41 PM   #11
ROCKLAND TOYOTA
TRIM HUNTER

Drives: 2007 BLAZIN BLUE YARIS 3 DR
^^^ if your talking to me the answer is yes they do. especially since it says TRD on the exhaust tip.......

TOYOTA PARTS AT A DISCOUNT........
ROCKLAND TOYOTA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 02:49 AM   #12
graywolf_14

Drives: um not a yaris but hopefully
it isnt exhuast it is a little bit of piping with a muffler and tip. It is axle back not even cat back. Has anyone messured to see if it is stock size pipe or what?
graywolf_14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 04:06 AM   #13
slvryaris

I'm not that worried about it. Exhaust is just piping and a muffler.
Old 07-13-2007, 12:20 PM   #14
AlphaFox

This is one of the 'new' TRD mufflers.
it is very loud at cetian RPMs and you can see this shiny can from behind the car, which is good or bad depending on how you look at it. good as in its all crome for people who like that look, and bad if your trying to pass it off as stock. anyone can tell its an add on muffler, so your likely to get hurassed by cops and stuff at lest if you live in Mass.
It is a straight through design with no baffles or anything, just a pipe with holes in it that goes through an expansion chamber. thus its loud and annoying at times. I would prefer the vitz one since it goes in and comes out the back side of the muffler reducing noise and it looks stock.

summary: the new TRD muffler is DUMB. whoever changed the design should be slapped in the face!!!
Old 07-13-2007, 06:26 PM   #15
punch

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaFox View Post
This is one of the 'new' TRD mufflers.
it is very loud at cetian RPMs and you can see this shiny can from behind the car, which is good or bad depending on how you look at it. good as in its all crome for people who like that look, and bad if your trying to pass it off as stock. anyone can tell its an add on muffler, so your likely to get hurassed by cops and stuff at lest if you live in Mass.
It is a straight through design with no baffles or anything, just a pipe with holes in it that goes through an expansion chamber. thus its loud and annoying at times. I would prefer the vitz one since it goes in and comes out the back side of the muffler reducing noise and it looks stock.

summary: the new TRD muffler is DUMB. whoever changed the design should be slapped in the face!!!
alpha, how do you know its a straight through design with no baffles, why bother adding that "muffler part" they could've just used a straight pipe.
Old 07-14-2007, 10:06 AM   #16
njyaris
YARIS NEWBIE

Drives: YARIS 07 LIFTBACK
Send a message via AIM to njyaris Send a message via Yahoo to njyaris
nice!
Old 09-06-2007, 11:28 AM   #17
IanCFitz
Hells Yeah!

Drives: Nautical Blue Yaris S Sedan
Send a message via AIM to IanCFitz
I just won that exhaust on ebay ($320 shipped) for my S sedan I'm hoping it doesn't sound like shit, or be too awful loud.

I'll see about getting a sound clip posted up once its installed
Old 09-06-2007, 02:52 PM   #18
slvryaris

I think it sounds very sporty. Its not annoying at high speeds either . I drive the interstate to work evey night and it sounds perfectly fine not loud at all.