Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > New YARIS Purchase Forum
  The Tire Rack

Old 03-11-2007, 09:39 AM   #1
Dbeau

Drives: 2007 Yaris Sedan Aero
4 months for my new Yaris

I just bought my first new Car this week, but is seems there's only one car in the sport, features and colour in all of canada in stock. If they cant secure me that car then its a long wait up to 4 months to order me in one ..wow
But hey I'm sure it will be worth it and atleast all the damn snow and salt will be gone here.
Anyone else find they had as long a wait or do they usally get here sooner ?
Dbeau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 11:33 AM   #2
ChinoCharles
Banned

Drives: LB
I don't see you having to wait the full 4 months. Just crawl up their asses and constantly call them and eventually they'll find your car somewhere in the great white north.
ChinoCharles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 11:45 AM   #3
jdubau55

Drives: 2007 White Yaris LB 5 Spd.
Send a message via AIM to jdubau55 Send a message via Yahoo to jdubau55
The dealer that I bought from found the car I wanted and made it happen. Supposedly the sent to old fogies down 2 states away to pick it up. Got in at like 3pm. I was there at 5pm cash in hand. Just make sure you let them know that you are serious. Give them like a small 100$ cash good faith deposit and tell them to do whatever it takes to get that car. They'll get it.
jdubau55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 11:57 AM   #4
tl1000s

Drives: None yet
I was told by my dealer they would have to special order my car and to expect it to take 3 to 4 months. Four weeks later I got a call saying they had my car on their lot. I hope you have the same luck.
tl1000s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 10:06 PM   #5
Ogredude

Drives: 2007 Red Yaris RS
Totally man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbeau View Post
I just bought my first new Car this week, but is seems there's only one car in the sport, features and colour in all of canada in stock. If they cant secure me that car then its a long wait up to 4 months to order me in one ..wow
But hey I'm sure it will be worth it and atleast all the damn snow and salt will be gone here.
Anyone else find they had as long a wait or do they usally get here sooner ?
I just ordered my 3 Door RS manual with package B and gotta wait a month... got 2 more of the longest weeks to wait, intercepted it from going to Alberta somewhere, there was 1 Blue RS left but i'd rather wait for the 'absolute red' heh good luck
Ogredude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 01:06 AM   #6
static808
Engineer/Artist/House-Dad

Drives: 2006 Toyota Sienna XLE
we waited 14 weeks for ours, but it came exactly as ordered. it wasnt an intercepted one with options/packages close to what we wanted. when we ordered, they didnt even ask for a second color choice. the dealership contacted us consistently, letting us know when the order went through, to when the car was built, shipped, and landed at port. it was a unique experience waiting for our car, and we were quite satisfied with the end result, even though the wait nearly killed us and we almost walked away with a similarly equipped xA. surprisingly, our yaris was actually BUILT to our specs. we couldnt be happier. good things DO come to those who wait...

--B
Old 03-13-2007, 10:18 AM   #7
Dbeau

Yep, looks like there going to have one ordered for me. It should be here sooner then 4 months, but thats the worst case they gave us. I'm getting a Sedan Sport or Aero they call it in canada. In Pacific Blue Metalic. Apparently there was one in Toronto but it was spoken for. So the wait begins, and with these prices of gas going back up I could really do without this V8.
Old 03-14-2007, 08:56 AM   #8
firefly1_0
What the...?

Drives: '06 Blazing Blue 3 door RS.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ogredude View Post
I just ordered my 3 Door RS manual with package B and gotta wait a month... got 2 more of the longest weeks to wait, intercepted it from going to Alberta somewhere, there was 1 Blue RS left but i'd rather wait for the 'absolute red' heh good luck
you have someting against blue yarii?

hehehehe

...and the engine is way smaller.

silly ricer, useless wings are for penguins...
firefly1_0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 10:32 AM   #9
boris13

Drives: 2007 Yaris Liftback, 5-speed
Four months and counting here...

My dealer told me it could take up to six months.

boris13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 02:57 PM   #10
Where is my Yaris?
My Sexy Yaris

Drives: Barcelona Red
Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by boris13 View Post
Four months and counting here...

My dealer told me it could take up to six months.

Same here, I put my order on November 4th and I am still waiting damn it, in two weeks it will be 5 months damn it. I ordered mine with ABS brakes.
Where is my Yaris? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 10:24 AM   #11
Dbeau

Good news for me. They found one in the right colour and model at a dealership about 200km away. The called and said they were going to have a driver get it today and will call me friday morning when I can go pick it up !
Yes what a great weekend this will be
Old 03-22-2007, 10:29 AM   #12
boris13

The hangup for me seems to be that I wanted the power package, side airbags, AND anti-lock brakes... all in a manual transmission model (liftback). I was told that Toyota never builds them that way. So, mine had to be a special-order from Japan.
Old 04-08-2007, 08:48 PM   #13
boris13

It looks like it will be 5 1/2 months for me. After my special-order fell through the cracks somewhere between a regional sales rep and the factory, my dealer has now located a Yaris liftback equipped to my liking that's due into port soon. The dealer's doing a swap-out with the original destination, a dealer in Washington. My car will be shipped cross-country and ready for me in about three weeks, I'm told.
Old 04-08-2007, 11:48 PM   #14
jav427

Drives: 07 yaris RS(B) 2dr
i bought a 2007 yaris RS and it took my dlr about 4 days to have it shipped from another dealer in ontario which i thought it was awsome knowing that RS models are rare. i was happy :)
jav427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 08:12 PM   #15
ZeeksRsBlast

Drives: 2007 5dr Yaris RS Hatchback
2007 RS Blazing Blue 4 door hatch 5 manual

Had to wait a month for mine and just showed up today..get it in my hand in a day... I was rerouted from goin to a dealer ship in Alberta! I drove by the dealer ship and saw it today covered in plastic wrap every where... Can't wait... It was originally gonna be 2 months from Japan... booooo
ZeeksRsBlast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 11:16 AM   #16
lomky

Drives: '12 hatch
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeeksRsBlast View Post
Had to wait a month for mine and just showed up today..get it in my hand in a day... I was rerouted from goin to a dealer ship in Alberta! I drove by the dealer ship and saw it today covered in plastic wrap every where... Can't wait... It was originally gonna be 2 months from Japan... booooo
Jeez, I wonder if you got mine!!?? 2 months and counting.
lomky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 04:49 AM   #17
Sabina74
Yaris Lover!!!

Drives: Yaris 1.0 Sol 5 doors liftback
Send a message via MSN to Sabina74
When yaris came from Japan we have to wait 4 months...now they come from France ( ) and the delivery is in avbout 1 month...i'm talking about Italy...!
Sabina74 is offline   Reply With Quote