Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site
 

 


 
Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Wash, Wax, Detailing, Exterior Repairs
  The Tire Rack

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-03-2026, 10:17 PM   #1
Rporonga
I've made a post!
 
Drives: 2013 yaris se
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: USA
Posts: 1
Pre painted aftermarket front bumper cover

I need to replace the front bumper cover in a 2013 Yaris SE. Being the Se trim it is hard to find a salvaged part locally. I can get the OE bumper cover and have it painted for about $850. I see there are options to buy an aftermarket pre painted bumper for around $450 shipped.
I am concerned about the fit and quality of the aftermarket part, and in general the type of paint they use. They also ship it bent in a smaller box, which may not be optimal.
I'd appreciate any advice or recommendation.
Thanks!
Rporonga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2026, 03:56 AM   #2
dkwilfert
 
Drives: 2008 Yaris 2-Door (White)
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Knoxville, TN
Posts: 22
If you are particular about your car (a true Car Guy), then I suggest getting the cover locally from the dealer and have them paint it (guess that is the $850 est you have). I recently had to change the rear bumper cover on my Avalon, and am so glad I went the dealer route ($940+) because these covers separated from the car are SO FLIMSY and bulky they are easily bent of scratched. Further, I don't know of ANY paint that could hold up being bent/folded 180 degrees without damage much less the bumper material itself being damaged. Also, the dealer will be able to exactly match the factory color.
My $0.02. Good luck.
dkwilfert is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Front bumper problem. .steven. Wash, Wax, Detailing, Exterior Repairs 18 10-13-2011 12:53 PM
4dr yaris unpainted front bumper cover 4/s deadworld Items for Sale by private party 9 02-05-2010 06:50 PM
New Bumper Cover CB900F2 DIY / Maintenance / Service 6 01-18-2010 06:49 PM
Cracked Front Bumper BassAssassin Wash, Wax, Detailing, Exterior Repairs 4 08-24-2009 10:54 AM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:14 PM.




YarisWorld
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.