Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 05-12-2009, 12:03 AM   #1
Lafiro

Drives: 06 Yaris Sedan
Send a message via AIM to Lafiro
Noise from suspension...

Im getting some type of noise now, and its getting worse. I hear it more easily when the wheel is turned and the brakes are applied, even if only doing 2mph.... Tried all this tonight just to test around a park that was nice and quiet. If in a straight line, I have to apply the brakes a lot to hear the wierd noise, mostly as the front end sinks down a bit.

I try pushing my car up and down, thinking its just the shocks that are all dead, and it doesnt do it.

But when I drive, and I am coming to a stop(and there have the be bumps/uneven surfaces to make the car go up and down), my car makes the noises like its metal on metal with very little lubricant, and then it makes me think its really the shocks.

I dont get what this could be, my shocks, or something else? Something worse? Or maybe its just all because of the shocks? If anything, I lowered the car with TRD springs, and never changed the original shocks, and Im passed 50k miles now.

Thanks for any help I can get on this.
Lafiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 12:40 AM   #2
YarisSedan

Drives: 08 Yaris Sedan
Its rear springs creaking. My trd springs do tihs in my sedan too. Spraying a lubricant on the springs cancels the noise for awile. Usually more prominent after really rainy weather followed by a dry spell.
YarisSedan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 10:35 AM   #3
Lafiro

Hmmm I see what your saying. But I stick my head out the window, and even from the inside, and the noise only comes from the front.
Old 05-12-2009, 11:08 AM   #4
YarisSedan

Drives: 08 Yaris Sedan
The way to locate the sound is spray Wd4 on each bushing and suspention component till the sound goes away.

Only thing is rinse off the wd 40 later if you get it on rubber components as it tends to deteriorate it.
YarisSedan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 11:19 AM   #5
Lafiro

Any pictures of what you are refering too please? I would appreciate it as knowing me, I will spray the wrong parts and cause damage.

Thanks.
Old 01-09-2010, 02:18 AM   #6
Lucas13

Drives: 07 Yaris LB
My suspension is stock and its getting the same noise when making u turns, parking in reverse and turning sharply it makes the noise soon as I hit the brake.

Last edited by Lucas13; 01-09-2010 at 01:04 PM.
Lucas13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 01:16 PM   #7
tyler2569

Drives: yaris sedan
same

i too have the same issue.. i have posted it here before with no help...its a weird sound from the front, when either sharp turning and parking, or a steep downhilll grade with bumps while riding the brakes going very slow 1 or 2mph.... or making a Uturn, all of which causes the front end to squat down a little and then i get the noise. A very rubber creaking sound i feel, I have tried 3 different dealers and non can find a problem.. i hear it every single day, i also cant wait to get rid of the car, big part is due to this problem, also due to dealer(s) service after the sale.

i had the problem since day one.. car had only 100 miles on it when i noticed it, now im up to 33,000 and still have the noise, but now its easier to make the noise and slightly louder. My guess is a bushing but i dont know from what/where
tyler2569 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 03:59 PM   #8
Lucas13

I was getting another noise like something moving from its place and I thought I had a bad control arm ball joint or bushing, I took it to the dealer and this guys re-torque the bolts of the sub-frame and so far the noise its gone, that was this last Saturday and I haven’t hear it again so probably you have the same problem as I had with mine.
Old 05-04-2010, 09:28 PM   #9
BLOODY_STONE

Drives: 2009 toyota yaris 1.3 sedan
me too ! wht the hell is that???
BLOODY_STONE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 01:53 AM   #10
Lucas13

I checked mine too couple of times, and everything looked just in place and nice and "tight".
At the beginning it was making a squeak and that will produce some vibration under the car that its noticeable most of the times specially when making a very sharp turn and Appling the brake at the same time even making you turns.

After three months a new noise appeared when just going straight and applying the brake HARD but not too the point of locking the brakes, and it was like something was getting out of its position I was thinking a ball joint or bushing was bad on the control arms. The tech that took care of it said that He tighten all the bolts on the sub-frame, unfortunately I was not able to witness what they did exactly but it worked.
I’ve tried to duplicate the noise several times and nothing happens, the noise it’s gone.

This can happen when at the moment of the assembling every so often the torque is not properly calibrated in some tools and over the time may cause the something like this, I had an 05 tC and the panoramic roof started making noises and it was that the torque applied was too low, I removed the headliner , tighten all the bolts and problem resolved.

Last edited by Lucas13; 05-05-2010 at 01:53 AM. Reason: Space
Old 05-05-2010, 04:34 PM   #11
BLOODY_STONE

Drives: 2009 toyota yaris 1.3 sedan
good >>> so no big deal huh?
BLOODY_STONE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 01:44 AM   #12
Lucas13

It turned out something easy to fix
Old 05-10-2010, 11:26 PM   #13
d4w1

Drives: Yaris Hatchback
When you lowered your Yaris, did wrap the coil springs upper and lower sections with black sprial wrap? This applies to both the front and rear springs. This will prevent the noise that you maybe hearing. Check out Tanabe's web site for instruction of lowering coil springs.
d4w1 is offline   Reply With Quote