Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Members Area > Off-topic / Other Cars / Everything else Discussions
  The Tire Rack

Old 01-26-2014, 07:20 PM   #1
428CobraJet

Drives: '09 Yaris 3dr, 13 F150rcsb 5.0
no Yaris at the Houston new car show

Just returned from attending the new car show here in Houston. Toyota had a nice spread. ..but no Yaris.
Old 01-26-2014, 09:48 PM   #2
nookandcrannycar

Drives: 2('14+'07)MT 3d ,wHandCrWndws!
Location: S.MontgomeryCnty,TX(HoustonMSA) '07=BayouBlue=300,125miles=OrigOwnr '14=ClassicSilvr=29,059miles
Quote:
Originally Posted by 428CobraJet View Post
Just returned from attending the new car show here in Houston. Toyota had a nice spread. ..but no Yaris.
I know . It was so crowded. I didn't see everything I wanted to last year, so this year I planned to start going during the week (and go multiple times), so I'd have enough time. Then this unexpected crazy weather set in (the sleet, and ice on bridges), so I decided to not do any unnecessary driving and wait for the warmer weather and clear skies forecast for yesterday and today. I was there for a bit over 6 hours each day (I was one of the last 100 or so people to leave tonight (when they finally said only people with bracelets could be on the floor ))....and it still wasn't enough time!!!! I saw more people with big cell phone cameras and digital SLRs than at any of the previous shows I've attended, and people were definitely using them.....and using the charging stations! Last year Toyota had an automatic Yaris SE there and (while I was there) people were swarming around it and many of the comments I heard were very complimentary.
nookandcrannycar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 10:17 PM   #3
MadMax

Drives: 2008 Yaris Liftback (Sprocket)
Odd, the San Antonio Car Show had one, and that's not a huge show...
Old 01-28-2014, 12:56 AM   #4
nookandcrannycar

Location: S.MontgomeryCnty,TX(HoustonMSA) '07=BayouBlue=300,125miles=OrigOwnr '14=ClassicSilvr=29,059miles
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadMax View Post
Odd, the San Antonio Car Show had one, and that's not a huge show...
Could you take a QUICK look () at my 'Found mirror shattered...' thread (just my OP there now, no replies) ? I should have just written a few sentences and then asked for suggestions (). I'm now satisfied I've fulfilled my obligations so far, just looking for suggestions to make sure the other insurance company fulfills their obligation and my Yaris is repaired properly. While I was writing the post (somewhatt specific to Texas), I almost put 'Attention MadMax' as part of the title.
Old 01-28-2014, 10:10 AM   #5
428CobraJet

Drives: '09 Yaris 3dr, 13 F150rcsb 5.0
One of the 'semi factory' people at the Toyota booth was adamant about a 5 speed being available. While he was searching inventory on his computer I pointed out there were zero m/t Yaris in the state....I think he was a little surprised.
Old 01-28-2014, 07:04 PM   #6
nookandcrannycar

Quote:
Originally Posted by nookandcrannycar View Post
Could you take a QUICK look () at my 'Found mirror shattered...' thread (just my OP there now, no replies) ? I should have just written a few sentences and then asked for suggestions (). I'm now satisfied I've fulfilled my obligations so far, just looking for suggestions to make sure the other insurance company fulfills their obligation and my Yaris is repaired properly. While I was writing the post (somewhatt specific to Texas), I almost put 'Attention MadMax' as part of the title.
After my experiences today, I feel much more comfortable about the situation. The only question I have now before I talk to the adjuster (we've been playing phone tag) is (and this is for anyone familiar with Nationwide Insurance service within Texas) namely: Will Nationwide send me to a 'Nationwide Preferred' auto body shop, or do they have a drive up claim service at a central location as Progressive Insurance does?