Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > In Car Entertainment + Electronics (audio / video / alarm)
  The Tire Rack

Old 03-11-2011, 05:52 PM   #1
canalla

Drives: Yaris
HU Mounted in Glove Box?

Hi guys, looking for a bit of advice here. Looking to mount a double DIN TFT screen in place of the stock HU as the front end of a carputer setup in my 2006 MK2 . Need a few suggestions however with regards for outputting sound. Ideally would love to amp the computer sound output back through a standard headunit to preserve functionality and also to allow for quick playing of CDs etc. Another massive advantage would be preserving the steering wheel controls.

Have come across a JVC KD-R421 CD/MP3 Receiver with Dual Aux which seems to do everything I want at a reasonable price (Ebay Link). Is mounting this in the glove box using an under dash single DIN tray viable, and if so has anyone accomplished anything like this before.

If not any suggestions as to something more practical?

Cheers
canalla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 08:53 PM   #2
RawrDaddy

Drives: 2007
You would just have to amp the head unit like you would normally
and just run the carpc thru the AUX on the HU.

theres definitely enough room and easy accessible potential in the passenger glove compartment.

this could be done - as ive already started planning out my own Mobile CarPC Setup.

with stock speakers - this could be a relatively easy wiring tasks.

if using an amp - you could truthfully skip using a head unit altogether.but then you would have to find an alternative for the steering wheel controls and the what not
(ithinkthere is an alternative route to use SteeringWheel Controls without using a headunit. let me find the link to it)
RawrDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote