Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > In Car Entertainment + Electronics (audio / video / alarm)
  The Tire Rack

Old 10-22-2012, 04:15 PM   #1
stuart_f

Drives: Yaris TR 1.33CVT
Touch and Go annoyances

I've got a 2012 Yaris with the Touch and Go navigation system and after 8,000 miles it's time to vent about the 2 minor niggles that are really beginning to annoy me.

With a bit of luck some bright spark can tell me if there's a workaround for either of them!

1. The screen Day/Night mode is controlled by the headlight switch. Sometimes I want to have sidelights on when it's just beginning to get dark and the screen goes into night mode making it very hard to read. Same thing happens if I drive into fog during the day and turn the headlights on. I know you can turn day mode back on in Car > Display but it's annoying. A photoresistor to control the dimming would only have been a few pence for Toyota!

2. There's no obvious way to have GPS navigation on without the voice prompt but with the speed camera warnings. Why speed camera warning volume is not independent of the voice I will never understand.

I hope Toyota read this and fix these simple things for the 2013 model.
stuart_f is offline   Reply With Quote