![]() |
|
|
|
|
|
#1 |
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() |
DF210's on an S Sedan...
I was wondering if anyone was going to do or has already put DF210's on an S Sedan. I am debating on the DF's and NF's.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#2 |
|
Mr. 155 and climbing
Drives: Seriously Modded 07 Sedan Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: In The Hotbox
Posts: 4,742
|
I will be doing the TRD Suspension kit myself...keep the warranty for something like that...just my opinion....
__________________
Team Tiamat Racing on Facebook Youtube Channel: Team Tiamat Racing Class record holder in Land Speed @ 154.5mph for 1.5 mile and 145.5mph in the mile in the F (2.016 to 3.014 L), G (1.524 to 2.015 L), and H (1.016 to 1.523 L) classes. |
|
|
|
|
|
#3 | |
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() |
Quote:
Even the TRD suspension installed by something other then a tech from Toyota will void it if something suspension wise happens to the car correct?? |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#4 |
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Drives: 2007 Yaris S Join Date: May 2006
Location: Milwaukee WI
Posts: 582
|
i have DF210's in the mail as we speak, as soon as they arive, (well, shortly after) i will post up some pics on my flint mica S sedan
|
|
|
|
|
|
#5 | |
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() |
Quote:
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#6 |
|
Super Moderator
|
If you have the stcok 15's like I have, the DF210's are kinda low, but not low enough where you have to be constantly reminding yourself over evey pot hole or road break..
|
|
|
|
|
|
#7 | |
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() |
Quote:
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#8 |
![]() ![]() ![]() |
u have done it or you will? :p
|
|
|
|
|
|
#9 |
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Drives: 2007 Yaris S Join Date: May 2006
Location: Milwaukee WI
Posts: 582
|
i have scuffed the bottom of my front lip already on stock suspension, but i am still no hesitation on putting the DF210's on...it probably will be 2 low, but just think of the stock front lip as a scuffguard for the front bumper :p
|
|
|
|
|
|
#10 |
|
Super Moderator
|
GO JOHNNY GO!
|
|
|
|
|
|
#11 |
|
Banned
Drives: LB Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: OH
Posts: 7,787
|
Fair warning, I have the TRD suspension and the bottom of my car is absolutely trashed after a stout 3750 miles. If you're planning on dropping your Yaris, get used to the fact that this will be a fact of life. You will bottom out. Period.
Anyone on skid plates for a Yaris? Haha. This rollerskate needs something to grind on. |
|
|
|
|
|
#12 |
|
Mr. 155 and climbing
Drives: Seriously Modded 07 Sedan Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: In The Hotbox
Posts: 4,742
|
Well that is nice to know even if it sucks ass
__________________
Team Tiamat Racing on Facebook Youtube Channel: Team Tiamat Racing Class record holder in Land Speed @ 154.5mph for 1.5 mile and 145.5mph in the mile in the F (2.016 to 3.014 L), G (1.524 to 2.015 L), and H (1.016 to 1.523 L) classes. |
|
|
|
|
|
#13 |
![]() ![]() ![]() |
i want to put the df210 drop with 17in mag and 215/40r17 tire.. do you think its gonna work or it will be too low? waiting about info to decide what to buy lol :P
|
|
|
|
|
|
#14 |
|
Banned
Drives: LB Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: OH
Posts: 7,787
|
Who cares about some scuffs? Just an excuse to throw your dream body kit on it later and garage it as a keeper. Its a piece of Japanamerican culture.
Seriously though, its not really cosmetic damage since 99% of any scratches you will get from "bottoming out" will be on the very bottom of your kit. It is damage that is easily fixed. |
|
|
|
|
|
#15 |
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() |
I have noticed some people talk about "bottoming out". I am curious to know how many of you that have lowered your Yaris has cut the bump stops down??????
|
|
|
|
|
|
#16 | |
|
Super Moderator
|
Quote:
Those with the TRD suspension are not cutting their bumpstops.. is it because the drop isn't as severe as a Tanbe drop, or is it because Toyota doesnt want you to really use your stock struts, and that you upgrade to the TRD struts/shocks when these original ones "bottom out." Id be willing to bet, some wouldnt even know what if felt like to ride their bumpstops, and would just blame the new ride quality on the "springs" themselves.
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#17 | |
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() |
Quote:
That would have to be one huge pothole, but I have seen them. I will probably stick with the DF's on mine. I got them really cheap though so if I decide to go with the NF's I wont be out much or there is always EBay. I was just worried about the front effect getting ripped of as well as the whole front end, but I really doubt if that would happen. Thats why I was asking some of you guys that had already lowered their Yaris's, but I have an S Sedan so I have ground effects to worry about. |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#18 | |
|
Super Moderator
|
Quote:
|
|
|
|
|
![]() |
|
|
Similar Threads
|
||||
| Thread | Thread Starter | Forum | Replies | Last Post |
| NEWS: TOYOTA REVEALS ALL-NEW YARIS SEDAN AT 2006 LOS ANGELES AUTO SHOW | VitzBoy | General Yaris / Vitz Discussion | 7 | 09-20-2023 07:50 AM |
| 2007 Yaris Pricing Info ! | YarisBueller | New YARIS Purchase Forum | 104 | 06-24-2009 04:54 PM |
| Yaris Sedan shown on Toyota Canada webpage | GabL | General Yaris / Vitz Discussion | 14 | 03-10-2007 06:13 AM |
| Looking for Yaris Sedan modifications! | PMCRW | New YARIS Purchase Forum | 1 | 06-15-2006 12:51 AM |