![]() |
|
|
|
|
|
#1 |
![]() ![]() ![]() Drives: 2007 3 dr manual Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Red Deer, AB
Posts: 169
|
Firewall!!
So, I read a post on here where one guy says you need to drill a hole in the firewall for amp wire and another guy says there's already a hole there. So here's a question for the guy who found the hole.....can you get a pic of it because I can't find it. And how hard is it to run the wire through the engine compartment because it looks cramped as hell to me.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#2 |
![]() Drives: 07 sedan-flint mica, 96VFR750 Join Date: May 2006
Location: Hillsborough, NJ
Posts: 36
|
Here is a hole I found: In the passenger side under the floor mat where it looks like the A/C drains. I just drilled a hole in the rubber just snug enough for the amp wire.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#3 |
![]() ![]() ![]() Drives: 2007 3 dr manual Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Red Deer, AB
Posts: 169
|
Hey cool, that might work, I opted out on the a/c so hopefully I'll just have a big rubber plug to play with. I'm running 1/0 gauge so I'll need lots of space lol.
And I see you ran the rca under the dash too. Just a word of advice, sometimes if you run the rca and the power cable too close too each other you'll get a distorted signal, but it doesn't happen very often. You should be ok. |
|
|
|
|
|
#4 |
![]() ![]() ![]() Drives: 2007 3 dr manual Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Red Deer, AB
Posts: 169
|
well, I found the plug and no way my wire'll fit. Any other suggestions?? Anyone?? Please help, I don't wanna have to pay for something I can do myself
|
|
|
|
|
|
#5 |
![]() ![]() ![]() Drives: 2007 3 dr manual Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Red Deer, AB
Posts: 169
|
Awesome, thanks boys!!!
|
|
|
|
|
|
#6 |
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() |
Ive posted a whole how to on Yarisowners.com (probably the same thread that was mentioned earlier).
I have now posted photos as well, some supplementary info if you will. Drilling the hole in the firewall was simple, didnt take much time, easy access and provided a good location for access to the battery and door sills without sacrificing an extra three or four feet of cable. See the post it may or may not answer your questions but it may help. |
|
|
|
![]() |
|
|
Similar Threads
|
||||
| Thread | Thread Starter | Forum | Replies | Last Post |
| Speaker Size?? | plushDJ | In Car Entertainment + Electronics (audio / video / alarm) | 20 | 05-29-2006 01:03 PM |