![]() |
|
|
|
#1 |
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Drives: 06 2ZR Turbo Yaris RS Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Fredericton, New Brunswick, Canada
Posts: 2,384
|
Christmas Gift!
My charming wife ordered a Christmas gift for me, or more appropriately, for our '06 Yaris. I am pumped to get my hands on it so I can prime, paint and clear coat it. I'll take the stock small spoiler off the RS and put it on our '08.
__________________
2006 Yaris 5 Door RS 2ZR-FE (2011 Corolla 1.8L) Swapped, Automatic, T-28 Turbocharged (8 psi), HSD MonoPro Coilovers, DIY W/M Injection, custom 3" cold air intake, custom 2.5" exhaust, TRD rear sway bar, Penguin Garage 13mm spacers (rear), custom Civic front lip, full repaint, Android 6.0 7" touchscreen, Rockford Fosgate speakers, tweeters, NVX underseat subwoofer https://www.instagram.com/2zr_turbo_yarisrs/ |
|
|
|
|
|
#3 | |
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Drives: 06 2ZR Turbo Yaris RS Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Fredericton, New Brunswick, Canada
Posts: 2,384
|
Quote:
Thanks!
__________________
2006 Yaris 5 Door RS 2ZR-FE (2011 Corolla 1.8L) Swapped, Automatic, T-28 Turbocharged (8 psi), HSD MonoPro Coilovers, DIY W/M Injection, custom 3" cold air intake, custom 2.5" exhaust, TRD rear sway bar, Penguin Garage 13mm spacers (rear), custom Civic front lip, full repaint, Android 6.0 7" touchscreen, Rockford Fosgate speakers, tweeters, NVX underseat subwoofer https://www.instagram.com/2zr_turbo_yarisrs/ Last edited by 06YarisRS; 12-14-2017 at 07:24 AM. |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#4 |
|
Enthusiast
Drives: 07 Yaris HB 1.3 (EU) Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Greece
Posts: 181
|
Yes that's my car, you can see from the date on the picture how recently I put it on :)
__________________
Cheers, George. |
|
|
|
|
|
#5 |
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Drives: 06 2ZR Turbo Yaris RS Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Fredericton, New Brunswick, Canada
Posts: 2,384
|
Haha. Very recent. I see you have a stubby antenna. Did that come on your car? I ordered a cheap stubby from eBay and it has terrible reception. I guess I got what I paid for. I need to find a good quality stubby.
__________________
2006 Yaris 5 Door RS 2ZR-FE (2011 Corolla 1.8L) Swapped, Automatic, T-28 Turbocharged (8 psi), HSD MonoPro Coilovers, DIY W/M Injection, custom 3" cold air intake, custom 2.5" exhaust, TRD rear sway bar, Penguin Garage 13mm spacers (rear), custom Civic front lip, full repaint, Android 6.0 7" touchscreen, Rockford Fosgate speakers, tweeters, NVX underseat subwoofer https://www.instagram.com/2zr_turbo_yarisrs/ Last edited by 06YarisRS; 02-21-2018 at 05:51 PM. |
|
|
|
|
|
#6 |
|
Enthusiast
Drives: 07 Yaris HB 1.3 (EU) Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Greece
Posts: 181
|
I got it from a local chinese shop, for 2€ and the reception is actually the same.
Someone was kind enough to break the factory antenna so I had to buy something :p
__________________
Cheers, George. |
|
|
|
|
|
#7 |
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() |
Nice. I've gone back and forth (like many things with my car) on adding a spoiler .
|
|
|
|
|
|
#8 |
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Drives: 06 2ZR Turbo Yaris RS Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Fredericton, New Brunswick, Canada
Posts: 2,384
|
OK, good to know that the inexpensive ones can actually work well. Thanks. I'll keep shopping around a bit.
__________________
2006 Yaris 5 Door RS 2ZR-FE (2011 Corolla 1.8L) Swapped, Automatic, T-28 Turbocharged (8 psi), HSD MonoPro Coilovers, DIY W/M Injection, custom 3" cold air intake, custom 2.5" exhaust, TRD rear sway bar, Penguin Garage 13mm spacers (rear), custom Civic front lip, full repaint, Android 6.0 7" touchscreen, Rockford Fosgate speakers, tweeters, NVX underseat subwoofer https://www.instagram.com/2zr_turbo_yarisrs/ |
|
|
|
|
|
#9 | |
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Drives: 06 2ZR Turbo Yaris RS Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Fredericton, New Brunswick, Canada
Posts: 2,384
|
Quote:
__________________
2006 Yaris 5 Door RS 2ZR-FE (2011 Corolla 1.8L) Swapped, Automatic, T-28 Turbocharged (8 psi), HSD MonoPro Coilovers, DIY W/M Injection, custom 3" cold air intake, custom 2.5" exhaust, TRD rear sway bar, Penguin Garage 13mm spacers (rear), custom Civic front lip, full repaint, Android 6.0 7" touchscreen, Rockford Fosgate speakers, tweeters, NVX underseat subwoofer https://www.instagram.com/2zr_turbo_yarisrs/ |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#10 |
|
Banned
|
I have the same, but I didnt bothered for the paint.. I just Stickerbombed it !
|
|
|
|
|
|
#11 |
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Drives: 06 2ZR Turbo Yaris RS Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Fredericton, New Brunswick, Canada
Posts: 2,384
|
Wow, that's neat! How did you attach the spoiler? Tape? Screws? Or both?
Thanks.
__________________
2006 Yaris 5 Door RS 2ZR-FE (2011 Corolla 1.8L) Swapped, Automatic, T-28 Turbocharged (8 psi), HSD MonoPro Coilovers, DIY W/M Injection, custom 3" cold air intake, custom 2.5" exhaust, TRD rear sway bar, Penguin Garage 13mm spacers (rear), custom Civic front lip, full repaint, Android 6.0 7" touchscreen, Rockford Fosgate speakers, tweeters, NVX underseat subwoofer https://www.instagram.com/2zr_turbo_yarisrs/ |
|
|
|
|
|
#12 |
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Drives: 06 2ZR Turbo Yaris RS Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Fredericton, New Brunswick, Canada
Posts: 2,384
|
Picked up the wing today. It will need some high build primer and wet sanding as it has a few imperfections though nothing major. Should be a fun project. I already picked up the Duplicolor Color Match paint and clear coat.
![]()
__________________
2006 Yaris 5 Door RS 2ZR-FE (2011 Corolla 1.8L) Swapped, Automatic, T-28 Turbocharged (8 psi), HSD MonoPro Coilovers, DIY W/M Injection, custom 3" cold air intake, custom 2.5" exhaust, TRD rear sway bar, Penguin Garage 13mm spacers (rear), custom Civic front lip, full repaint, Android 6.0 7" touchscreen, Rockford Fosgate speakers, tweeters, NVX underseat subwoofer https://www.instagram.com/2zr_turbo_yarisrs/ |
|
|
|
|
|
#13 |
|
Enthusiast
Drives: 07 Yaris HB 1.3 (EU) Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Greece
Posts: 181
|
Really sorry for ruining this... Before I install this beautiful wing, on a certain road, with my 1.3 I could go up to 208kmh (gps speed) in a slight downhill. So, after installing it, tried on the same road, under the same weather conditions, and wouldn't get more than 188kmh flat out. So in conclusion, it only adds drag and beauty points. No gains whatsoever (it only changes for the worse). My 0.02$
__________________
Cheers, George. |
|
|
|
|
|
#14 | |
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Drives: 06 2ZR Turbo Yaris RS Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Fredericton, New Brunswick, Canada
Posts: 2,384
|
Quote:
__________________
2006 Yaris 5 Door RS 2ZR-FE (2011 Corolla 1.8L) Swapped, Automatic, T-28 Turbocharged (8 psi), HSD MonoPro Coilovers, DIY W/M Injection, custom 3" cold air intake, custom 2.5" exhaust, TRD rear sway bar, Penguin Garage 13mm spacers (rear), custom Civic front lip, full repaint, Android 6.0 7" touchscreen, Rockford Fosgate speakers, tweeters, NVX underseat subwoofer https://www.instagram.com/2zr_turbo_yarisrs/ |
|
|
|
|
![]() |
| Thread Tools | |
| Display Modes | |
|
|
Similar Threads
|
||||
| Thread | Thread Starter | Forum | Replies | Last Post |
| . : : CHRISTMAS RAFFLE : : . | Yaris Tuner | Items for Sale by private party | 15 | 12-27-2012 11:49 PM |
| So, what did you get your Yaris for Christmas this year? | CTScott | General Yaris / Vitz Discussion | 26 | 12-26-2011 01:30 PM |
| Merry Christmas all | 1NZYaris1 | Off-topic / Other Cars / Everything else Discussions | 15 | 12-24-2008 01:11 PM |
| Black Friday | Bob_VT | Off-topic / Other Cars / Everything else Discussions | 70 | 11-29-2008 07:07 AM |