Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site
 

 


 
Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > In Car Entertainment + Electronics (audio / video / alarm)
  The Tire Rack

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-26-2012, 06:04 PM   #2143
sqcomp
Roadrunner Jr.
 
sqcomp's Avatar
 
Drives: 2007 Yaris S
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Back at home
Posts: 2,609
Send a message via AIM to sqcomp
AM - Get some! WoOt!

...maybe not 15"s but look closely at the dash...



__________________
“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.”
― Thomas Paine
sqcomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 06:57 PM   #2144
Alien Mantis
Secret Agent
 
Alien Mantis's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 Yaris Hatch
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Arizona
Posts: 350
Quote:
Originally Posted by sqcomp View Post
...maybe not 15"s but look closely at the dash...
That looks really sweet. I like it.

__________________
www.sonicelectronix.com for all your mobile audio needs!
Alien Mantis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 07:19 PM   #2145
sqcomp
Roadrunner Jr.
 
sqcomp's Avatar
 
Drives: 2007 Yaris S
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Back at home
Posts: 2,609
Send a message via AIM to sqcomp
That's work from Audio Xperts in California. Vince Miranda is the shop owner...known him to a couple years now. Great guy.
__________________
“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.”
― Thomas Paine
sqcomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 07:39 PM   #2146
derickveliz2
 
derickveliz2's Avatar
 
Drives: Yaris Sedan "S"
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Central, MA
Posts: 2,722
Quote:
Originally Posted by sqcomp View Post


Now is this a 1 seat or 2 seats?

D.
__________________
. My system may not blow your ears, but it will sweeten your senses.
CLA 250, 4MATIC
derickveliz2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 02:45 AM   #2147
sqcomp
Roadrunner Jr.
 
sqcomp's Avatar
 
Drives: 2007 Yaris S
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Back at home
Posts: 2,609
Send a message via AIM to sqcomp
It's a two seat Ultimate class IIRC. Nice little xA from Vince.
__________________
“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.”
― Thomas Paine
sqcomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 12:48 AM   #2148
sqcomp
Roadrunner Jr.
 
sqcomp's Avatar
 
Drives: 2007 Yaris S
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Back at home
Posts: 2,609
Send a message via AIM to sqcomp
Rebuild time!









The next pillar will be done tomorrow night. Then I take the night off on Saturday...Sunday is for sanding, and short hair. Monday is for finishing the pillars and readying for texture.
__________________
“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.”
― Thomas Paine
sqcomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 12:56 AM   #2149
derickveliz2
 
derickveliz2's Avatar
 
Drives: Yaris Sedan "S"
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Central, MA
Posts: 2,722
Awesome,

but mine will stay down in the kick area, physics tell me they belong there, I'm sure you and SB know some thing I don't know, of course I'm just an enthusiast and you guys are the Pros! Very interested how works for you, and all we know, this is the never ending story.

D.
__________________
. My system may not blow your ears, but it will sweeten your senses.
CLA 250, 4MATIC
derickveliz2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 01:14 AM   #2150
sqcomp
Roadrunner Jr.
 
sqcomp's Avatar
 
Drives: 2007 Yaris S
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Back at home
Posts: 2,609
Send a message via AIM to sqcomp
I lied...I just finished the longhair of the right side as well...

Lots of sanding to come.

Indeed! The never ending story!
__________________
“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.”
― Thomas Paine
sqcomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 07:02 PM   #2151
Alien Mantis
Secret Agent
 
Alien Mantis's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 Yaris Hatch
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Arizona
Posts: 350
Quote:
Originally Posted by sqcomp View Post

Indeed! The never ending story!

Here is SQcomp.... riding his luck dragon!



http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZWnW-OuggoE
.
.
.
__________________
www.sonicelectronix.com for all your mobile audio needs!
Alien Mantis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 11:24 PM   #2152
sqcomp
Roadrunner Jr.
 
sqcomp's Avatar
 
Drives: 2007 Yaris S
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Back at home
Posts: 2,609
Send a message via AIM to sqcomp
AM - is it bad when I know this movie? I haven't seen it in years. Until now I had forgotten the names of the characters...

GAWD I'm old.

Sanding tonight. Talking with one of the best repair shops in the country about the P-01. They're having trouble finding the service manual for the "P" series decks (P-01 & P-99). I may be forced to send this back to my source in Japan. Funny...I type this sitting at a sushi bar just having finished some good Tako, Ebi & tempura...maybe I'm channeling some mojo.



^short hair worked. These things are SEXY! They're nice and heavy too. No resonance messing with the pillars. Perhaps I'm excited because I could plug them in right now and make things right...I need to get a filler coat on these then more sanding. Tomorrow night...







^First layer of primer. Here in a few, I'll go back into the garage and sand more. Oh yeah, there is two layers of filler that went under this that I didn't take pics of. I was to busy applying and sanding. You can see in that bottom picture that there's a high point in the filler just above the mid. I'll sand that down by hand and get any other pinhole blemishes. The I'll prime agian. After this priming, I'll get some texture and go from there.

Cleaning up around the garage...I finally found my backup battery keys to my alarm. This means I can disconnect the battery and take the airbag out so that I can replace the steering wheel with a leather wrapped Scion tC piece...In a week or two I'm thinking. I'll have the new processor in by then along with the backup source.
__________________
“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.”
― Thomas Paine

Last edited by sqcomp; 09-30-2012 at 10:48 PM.
sqcomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 11:17 PM   #2153
derickveliz2
 
derickveliz2's Avatar
 
Drives: Yaris Sedan "S"
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Central, MA
Posts: 2,722
New aiming looks like each mid is looking at each other, is that right?

D.
__________________
. My system may not blow your ears, but it will sweeten your senses.
CLA 250, 4MATIC
derickveliz2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 02:06 AM   #2154
sqcomp
Roadrunner Jr.
 
sqcomp's Avatar
 
Drives: 2007 Yaris S
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Back at home
Posts: 2,609
Send a message via AIM to sqcomp
They're at the same height but no, they're aimed about 15 degrees up from horizontal. This aiming gives me rock solid imaging and height. The tweeters in the pillars are good for width, height and worrying less about crossover points. The "blend" will be easier than with the tweeters separated as they were this year. I could have it sounding off tonight if I pleased but...I want absolute control before info this again...and with the P-01 acting all bejiggity, I'd rather not risk it.

I also put a couple layers of high build primer on the pillars as well. Lots of work gets done when I don't have a wife hanging around. The "to do" list becomes very basic and simple.

Edit: I got my paws on the service manual for the P-99RS...anyone who started this post that needs one in the future knows now where to get it and give it to a repair center if needed. My P-01 is going out the Pyramid Audio tomorrow morning. Within the month, I'll be back up working again.
__________________
“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.”
― Thomas Paine

Last edited by sqcomp; 10-01-2012 at 10:09 PM.
sqcomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 10:31 PM   #2155
derickveliz2
 
derickveliz2's Avatar
 
Drives: Yaris Sedan "S"
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Central, MA
Posts: 2,722
Quote:
Originally Posted by sqcomp View Post
They're at the same height but no, they're aimed about 15 degrees up from horizontal. This aiming gives me rock solid imaging and height. The tweeters in the pillars are good for width, height and worrying less about crossover points.
Do you mean Tweeters in Sail Panels?

D.
__________________
. My system may not blow your ears, but it will sweeten your senses.
CLA 250, 4MATIC
derickveliz2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 11:20 PM   #2156
derickveliz2
 
derickveliz2's Avatar
 
Drives: Yaris Sedan "S"
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Central, MA
Posts: 2,722
Smile

I just order another port system for my experiment with 2 i6SW's!



D.
__________________
. My system may not blow your ears, but it will sweeten your senses.
CLA 250, 4MATIC
derickveliz2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 01:14 AM   #2157
sqcomp
Roadrunner Jr.
 
sqcomp's Avatar
 
Drives: 2007 Yaris S
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Back at home
Posts: 2,609
Send a message via AIM to sqcomp
Yes, I misspoke, the sail panels, not the pillars.
__________________
“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.”
― Thomas Paine
sqcomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 01:48 AM   #2158
derickveliz2
 
derickveliz2's Avatar
 
Drives: Yaris Sedan "S"
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Central, MA
Posts: 2,722
Some Left and Right EQ...






More tuning soon...

D.
__________________
. My system may not blow your ears, but it will sweeten your senses.
CLA 250, 4MATIC
derickveliz2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 02:15 AM   #2159
sqcomp
Roadrunner Jr.
 
sqcomp's Avatar
 
Drives: 2007 Yaris S
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Back at home
Posts: 2,609
Send a message via AIM to sqcomp


I know this exercise...We don't center match in the mid and sub bass regions simply because at 175 Hz and below, the bass isn't localizing for the most part. I'd imagine this is going to change drastically when the mids are back on top. I have to make a mic jig and find a 3055 I can play with locally...

The sub however is down 9 dB

You can also see I had to pump up the output. My gains are pretty much off...I suppose I could change that though.
__________________
“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.”
― Thomas Paine
sqcomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 09:09 AM   #2160
derickveliz2
 
derickveliz2's Avatar
 
Drives: Yaris Sedan "S"
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Central, MA
Posts: 2,722
I enjoy doing several passes at different conditions for example....
parked with engine off, parked with engine in idle and then driving at about 70 mph.




T/A




X-over Points

__________________
. My system may not blow your ears, but it will sweeten your senses.
CLA 250, 4MATIC
derickveliz2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
sound deadening: sq footage amount for 3dr goku87 In Car Entertainment + Electronics (audio / video / alarm) 29 11-14-2013 12:37 PM
2007 Yaris S Sound Deadening sqcomp In Car Entertainment + Electronics (audio / video / alarm) 70 12-13-2010 07:40 PM
Sound deadening 06vitzRS General Yaris / Vitz Discussion 10 05-05-2010 01:51 PM
Sedan Door Panel Deadening sqcomp In Car Entertainment + Electronics (audio / video / alarm) 42 06-01-2009 02:47 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:57 PM.




YarisWorld
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.