Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site
 

 


 
Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > In Car Entertainment + Electronics (audio / video / alarm)
  The Tire Rack

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-13-2013, 11:03 AM   #2377
derickveliz2
 
derickveliz2's Avatar
 
Drives: Yaris Sedan "S"
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Central, MA
Posts: 2,722
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyzticZ3r0 View Post
I could've sworn you had different wheels. Did you switch em out for your summer wheels?
Yes the black ones are for summer and the OEM for winter.







D.
__________________
. My system may not blow your ears, but it will sweeten your senses.
CLA 250, 4MATIC
derickveliz2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 02:33 PM   #2378
sqcomp
Roadrunner Jr.
 
sqcomp's Avatar
 
Drives: 2007 Yaris S
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Back at home
Posts: 2,609
Send a message via AIM to sqcomp
Let me know when you get the HD. I would like to hear your thoughts on all the music.
__________________
“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.”
― Thomas Paine
sqcomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 08:59 PM   #2379
why?
Only Happy When it Rains
 
why?'s Avatar
 
Drives: Yaris LB
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: harnett county NC
Posts: 4,097
nice. 45 mpg is awesome. Of course I am pretty sure the sedan generally gets better gas mileage. I am happy getting 32 mpg right now because I only drive 250 miles or so a month.

gah i need to start on my audio plans, tax season is almost over finally.
__________________
Colin Chapman disciple
why? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 10:45 PM   #2380
Kar98
 
Drives: 2011 Scion tC
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: DFW
Posts: 650
Quote:
Originally Posted by why? View Post
Of course I am pretty sure the sedan generally gets better gas mileage.
Why ever would you think that?
Kar98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 10:57 PM   #2381
sqcomp
Roadrunner Jr.
 
sqcomp's Avatar
 
Drives: 2007 Yaris S
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Back at home
Posts: 2,609
Send a message via AIM to sqcomp
Quote:
Originally Posted by why? View Post
gah i need to start on my audio plans, tax season is almost over finally.
Yes you do...I want pics.

Something tells me you will come up with something good.
__________________
“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.”
― Thomas Paine
sqcomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 01:05 PM   #2382
derickveliz2
 
derickveliz2's Avatar
 
Drives: Yaris Sedan "S"
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Central, MA
Posts: 2,722
Quote:
Originally Posted by TOLMACH View Post
Are you using pink noise for RTA measurements?
Yes, when I saved that screen shot pink noise was playing.
What should I used?
Do you need a special track?

D.
__________________
. My system may not blow your ears, but it will sweeten your senses.
CLA 250, 4MATIC
derickveliz2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 01:27 PM   #2383
derickveliz2
 
derickveliz2's Avatar
 
Drives: Yaris Sedan "S"
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Central, MA
Posts: 2,722
I got this from the thread that is promoting the competitions next week,
that's what they are looking for:
and just so you know that's not me asking...



D.
__________________
. My system may not blow your ears, but it will sweeten your senses.
CLA 250, 4MATIC
derickveliz2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 11:59 AM   #2384
derickveliz2
 
derickveliz2's Avatar
 
Drives: Yaris Sedan "S"
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Central, MA
Posts: 2,722
Quote:
Originally Posted by TOLMACH View Post
Pink noise is ok. I believe your device microphone has issues .. 60-200 hz range does not seem realistic ..
I don't blame you, it's just a cell phone! jj

D.
__________________
. My system may not blow your ears, but it will sweeten your senses.
CLA 250, 4MATIC
derickveliz2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 01:10 AM   #2385
derickveliz2
 
derickveliz2's Avatar
 
Drives: Yaris Sedan "S"
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Central, MA
Posts: 2,722
Quote:
Originally Posted by TOLMACH View Post
just use the external mike.. the one that came with me HK receiver does the job
Ok, thanks I'll give it a try.

D.
__________________
. My system may not blow your ears, but it will sweeten your senses.
CLA 250, 4MATIC
derickveliz2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 01:12 AM   #2386
derickveliz2
 
derickveliz2's Avatar
 
Drives: Yaris Sedan "S"
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Central, MA
Posts: 2,722
Remember about this..?

Well I think I like it but I don't like it.

Well it's just for Shows. BTW... Friday I'll get the black wheels on! with new rubber...



D.
__________________
. My system may not blow your ears, but it will sweeten your senses.
CLA 250, 4MATIC
derickveliz2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 03:36 PM   #2387
sqcomp
Roadrunner Jr.
 
sqcomp's Avatar
 
Drives: 2007 Yaris S
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Back at home
Posts: 2,609
Send a message via AIM to sqcomp
I should send you one of my rule books for IASCA.

Not a lot has changed in the program for a long time, save for classifications (for the most part).
__________________
“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.”
― Thomas Paine
sqcomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 01:28 AM   #2388
derickveliz2
 
derickveliz2's Avatar
 
Drives: Yaris Sedan "S"
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Central, MA
Posts: 2,722
Quote:
Originally Posted by sqcomp View Post
I should send you one of my rule books for IASCA.

Not a lot has changed in the program for a long time, save for classifications (for the most part).
Cool!

I'm picking up the drive 1st thing tomorrow.

Black wheels are in place! Yaris is back!

D.
__________________
. My system may not blow your ears, but it will sweeten your senses.
CLA 250, 4MATIC
derickveliz2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 11:18 AM   #2389
derickveliz2
 
derickveliz2's Avatar
 
Drives: Yaris Sedan "S"
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Central, MA
Posts: 2,722
Quote:
Originally Posted by sqcomp View Post
Let me know when you get the HD. I would like to hear your thoughts on all the music.
I got the drive, 1 million thank yous!

D.
__________________
. My system may not blow your ears, but it will sweeten your senses.
CLA 250, 4MATIC
derickveliz2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 11:19 AM   #2390
derickveliz2
 
derickveliz2's Avatar
 
Drives: Yaris Sedan "S"
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Central, MA
Posts: 2,722
First 60 miles with black wheels and new tires...
what can I say going from old snow tires the ride feels like heaven.

The ride is quiet, smooth and responsive, so far I like the new rubber.

Some thing I found very interesting... what's going on with people and my Yaris with "black wheels"

for some reason a lot of cars where trying to race the little Yaris this morning... Naahhh I just let them go and think...

"man! my car sounds better than yours"

D.
__________________
. My system may not blow your ears, but it will sweeten your senses.
CLA 250, 4MATIC
derickveliz2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 11:21 AM   #2391
derickveliz2
 
derickveliz2's Avatar
 
Drives: Yaris Sedan "S"
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Central, MA
Posts: 2,722
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kar98 View Post
Why ever would you think that?
Maybe because HB are FASTER!!!


D.
__________________
. My system may not blow your ears, but it will sweeten your senses.
CLA 250, 4MATIC
derickveliz2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 12:01 PM   #2392
derickveliz2
 
derickveliz2's Avatar
 
Drives: Yaris Sedan "S"
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Central, MA
Posts: 2,722
Quote:
Originally Posted by sqcomp View Post
Let me know when you get the HD. I would like to hear your thoughts on all the music.
WOW!!!

5,614 Files, will I ever going to listen to every track.

YES I'M!

Thanks again...

do you have some in specific tracks? that I should go through?

D.
__________________
. My system may not blow your ears, but it will sweeten your senses.
CLA 250, 4MATIC
derickveliz2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 06:34 PM   #2393
sqcomp
Roadrunner Jr.
 
sqcomp's Avatar
 
Drives: 2007 Yaris S
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Back at home
Posts: 2,609
Send a message via AIM to sqcomp
There are SOOO many! The single tracks are the latest of what I'm listening to...

The King's Singers, Brooke Frasier, Canadian Brass, the Focal CDs, the SQ CD file...

There are just so many. MJ's albums.

You'll have some repeats in there but a vast majority is all different.

...of course go through the IASCA CD.
__________________
“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.”
― Thomas Paine
sqcomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 11:33 PM   #2394
why?
Only Happy When it Rains
 
why?'s Avatar
 
Drives: Yaris LB
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: harnett county NC
Posts: 4,097
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kar98 View Post
Why ever would you think that?
Look who gets the best gas mileage. Derrick here averages 42, Malibuguy gets ridiculous, and just browsing the fe forum, besides STC and Hershey, the ones at the top all have sedans. Plus, the extra length of the sedans help gas mileage. There are reports out Car companies are having tough times with the smaller than sub compacts achieving worthy gas mileage because the cars are just too short.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sqcomp View Post
Yes you do...I want pics.
Uh oh.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sqcomp View Post

Something tells me you will come up with something good.
I need to think on the definition of good. At this point I am worried if I buy expensive stuff right off I will blow them up. If I start with cheap components and good wires, when I figure everything out and blow up the cheap speakers, I can replace them with better ones that won't be destroyed.

I browsed Scott's build on that Infiniti on line. Oh my. Even just the wiring. Overkill much? Does it really take some super compound wires to win World Championships?

Hey D, are there any audio meet ups coming up? The DIYMA forums seem surprisingly empty on any audio meets in Mass. Unless that type of stuff all happens at shows. Or I am blind. Both are possibilities.
__________________
Colin Chapman disciple
why? is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
sound deadening: sq footage amount for 3dr goku87 In Car Entertainment + Electronics (audio / video / alarm) 29 11-14-2013 12:37 PM
2007 Yaris S Sound Deadening sqcomp In Car Entertainment + Electronics (audio / video / alarm) 70 12-13-2010 07:40 PM
Sound deadening 06vitzRS General Yaris / Vitz Discussion 10 05-05-2010 01:51 PM
Sedan Door Panel Deadening sqcomp In Car Entertainment + Electronics (audio / video / alarm) 42 06-01-2009 02:47 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:48 PM.




YarisWorld
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.