Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Performance Modifications
  The Tire Rack

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-17-2007, 12:23 AM   #1
largeorangefont
Break'em off some.

Drives: 07 Yaris LB, 04 Cobra
DC sports header installed.

I picked up my car from AEM today with the DC sports header on it. It is ceramic coated, and finish and fit look great. I can't comment on the install because I didnt install it. It seems pretty straightforword to install.

The header is a 4-1 equal length design. The runners are probably 4 inches longer then stock or the Megan header. The collector is right at the flange to the midpipe, as opposed to the stock and megan headers that have the collector, and a couple inches of single pipe to the flange. The longer runners will give the car more torque in the low to mid range.

Currently all I have on the car is an NST pulley and the header. The car has more low and midrange power. You can definately feel the increased pickup. It seems to rev more freely and pulls a bit more on the top end. I assume I will see more of a top end gain when I replace the exhaust and intake. I am very impressed with the gains. I would say the gains are as much if not slightly more noticeable than the pulley. I was a bit worried that I would lose low end power from this but that was not the case at all. The car sounds completely the same. There is no difference in pitch or tone with the stock catback.

Ashley

Last edited by largeorangefont; 09-20-2007 at 12:10 PM.
largeorangefont is offline   Reply With Quote