Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Yaris TS Talk
  The Tire Rack

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-27-2008, 01:22 AM   #18
CASTREX
Who said Yaris was slow?

Drives: Yaris T-Sport 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaris Palme View Post
sorry, but what is that?? Photos?
and what are "whp"? Is this the Power that are on the wheels or the enginepower like our euopean 133PS??? if that is wheelpower, my TS have 103,1 PS on the wheels and 136 on the engine.

What is what? The Intake Manifold?

This is also refered sometimes as the intake plenum... This intake manifold is the replacement for the plastic unit on our cars. You know the plastic piece with the 4 plastic runners that feed the air to the cylinders.

As explained by Richard on the official thread over at scionlife.com there will be no pictures of the actual manifold since there are no production units yet. He has a prototype that does not releflect whet the production unit will look like.

Just so you have an idea, I'm posting a a picture of another manifod that Richard developed for the Nissan Versa.

Regarding the power gains... yes WHP= horse power at the wheels.

The 2zr-fe is rated at different hp levels depending on the car model and market.
From 128 hp on the xD, 132 on the corolla and 136hp on th Yaris.

Diffrences are mostly due to the way the power is meassured...

One thing is concistent. This Engine seems to produce close to 120 hp to the wheels. I've seen a few dyno graps that prove it.

Richard's manifold alone produced around 12-13 extra hp to the wheels and when matched to to a Cold air intake and a free flowing exhaust it produced the amazing figure of 26 hp extra.

For the price, i believe those power gains are great...

No in order to get thi manifold produced we need at least 10 people willing to buy it....
CASTREX is offline   Reply With Quote