Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-02-2009, 12:30 PM   #1
Blowtorch

Drives: 2009 Yaris, Silver Sedan
One week review after buying new Yaris

Bought the 2009 Toyota Yaris sedan last week on Saturday. Been driving it for one week now. Here are some thoughts. Feedback is of course appreciated.

- Where's the new car smell? The car had probably been on the lot since December and already had 29 miles when leaving the dealership, so it may have been test drove many times, but still disappointing that the new car smell almost ceases to exist.

- There could be more space by the gas pedal. It's too close to the right panel. I drove an Alero before, so maybe that had more space than most cars, but when driving the Yaris, my foot feels cramped between the right panel and the brake to the left.

- Not a huge sound junkie, but I like having a few options to alter the radio sound and speakers. Not a big deal, but still disappointing that the radio is so basic. The Sedan S has a better radio, it seems.

- I hate not having a cup holder in the center council (there is one, but its far back, not really accessible easily while driving.

- I do find the seat to be a little uncomfortable, but not horrible. I did recently hurt my upper back so I may be a bit biased. GM cars normally have had better seats, in my opinion.

These are just minor tiffs. So far, I think the Yaris an alright car. I didn't buy it cause it's a cool car, I bought it cause I want excellent gas mileage and Toyota makes excellent cars. My dad kind of strongly encouraged me to get the Yaris, especially cause Toyota was offering 0% financing. Yeah, that's a steel, but I'm kind of having regrets on not at least looking at the Honda Civic. My fiance bought one 4 weeks ago, and that is REALLY a nice car!

I do like the plenty of space to store small things, around the radio council, in the doors, etc. Decent sized trunk. Not bad.

It rides nice so far... so we'll see what happens. If it's reliable, I'll overall be very happy.
Blowtorch is offline   Reply With Quote