Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > New YARIS Purchase Forum
  The Tire Rack

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-21-2006, 04:07 PM   #1
Midi_Amp

Drives: 2003 Fit
Ready to close the deal, but have 2 questions

Hi all, I currently drive a 2003 JDM Honda Fit and currently I'm planning to get a 2007 Yaris 5-door hatch. I live in SE Asia, Indonesia to be exact, and I have 2 question regarding Yaris.

The fuel quality in my country is questionable at best, it is stated that the lowest quality fuel has a RON of 87, unleaded, with subsequent higher grade are 92 and 94. According to the US Yaris spec, 1NZ-FE is designed to run on 87 unleaded or higher fuel, however, here in Indonesia, 1NZ-FE is a 3 year old engine used on Vios model. Currently, all of the aged Vios exhibit the quality of a damaged engine such as rough idle, rampant knocking, and sluggish acceleration. Well, most likely is that the owner filled the tank with the cheap 87 grade fuel. I read on the technical spec that the 1NZ-FE has 10.5:1 compression ratio, so doesn't that mean it has high CR that actually it needs a higher octane fuel?

This leads to my first question, is the 1NZ-FE versatile enough to be filled with a low quality fuel? Is there a refinement effort from Toyota over the years regarding the engine? I can fill it up with the 92 grade fuel, but is there any improvement on using higher grade fuel on the 1NZ-FE?

My second question is regarding the foot rest on RHD Yaris model. I test sit a Yaris a week ago, the seating position is okay, but somehow, there's this thing sticking out of the floor that obstructs my left foot from having a comfortable position. I don't know if that's a foot rest, as it's not wide enough but it restricts my leg that I have to bend my knee because of it. Is that a foot rest or can be removed? (like the big foot mod)

Thanks in advance.
Midi_Amp is offline   Reply With Quote