Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Marketplace > Items for Sale by private party
  The Tire Rack

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-09-2006, 09:26 AM   #11
GabL
I want JDM bumpers!

Drives: 5 Dr Yaris RS in Blazing Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCP91 RS
Just a heads up for all you guys that would love to buy the JDM RS LED tails. It will require a complete re-wire in order to work with your car. The plug that came with the LED taillights will not plug in to your existing wiring haress for the factory taillamp. Not to mention, when I hook mine up when u put into reverse both signal lamp will stay on. I've tried many times to fix the problem But there seems to be no luck at all. I am not trying sway you guys away from this GB. However, just wants u guys to consider before getting it.
This is the page big2sky is referring to: http://www.k4.dion.ne.jp/~vitz/RStail.htm

Make sure you have the body side plug, which also shown on the bottom of the page, then swap the plug and connect the wires in proper order, plug into the LED, then there you go!

Have the LED installed for about a month and no problem at all. Got my neighbor to verify the lights for me when he was passing by, all lights working fine.

Even if you don't have the JDM plug, you can just put all the wires out from the old one, then plug the wires directly to the LED. They shouldn't come out easy even without the plug. I assume you just have some wrong connection so your lights are screwed up.

Let us know how it goes!