Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Cosmetic Modifications (Exterior/Interior)
  The Tire Rack

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-19-2009, 06:20 PM   #1
YarisSedan

Drives: 08 Yaris Sedan
Send a message via AIM to YarisSedan
Installed my ebay sedan fog lights today and trd grill badge....

So if i had to do it over again i would have bought OE kit or a kit from garm. Was not worth the few bucks i saved for the ebay kit for the time it took to modify the housing and install everything. The first pic you can see how awful the housing sits flush with the bumper. There is this large gap on the top and on the bottom. I have read reviews from installs from other sedan owners talking about it but did not expect it to be this bad.

I will post a DIY later once I have the time with some step by step pictures how to fix this problem. Pretty much consisted of filing off some of some portions of the housing along the sides and the back. And aid of a hair dryer to mold it slightly so it sits more contured. Afterwards it looked 90 percent better but still not perfect. When i have more time i may go at it again till its perfect to my liking.

Since i had the bumper off i took the time to put 5 coats of black paint and 2 coats of clear coat on my vios grill. Paint was already starting to chip off after 5 months. Hopefully this time should last a really long time now.

YarisSedan is offline   Reply With Quote