Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-28-2012, 06:00 PM   #1
mazilla
advocatus diaboli

Drives: 07 Yaris hatch
Back seat out...platform in

As many of you know I use my car for courier work, it started life as a courier vehicle for another company before I got my hands on it. To make things easy on me I pulled my passenger and rear seats. I'm going to be replacing the front seats with some Sparcos so I need as much space as I can get now for work. To make the best use of the space where the rear seat was I decided to build a flat platform to maximize the amount of boxes(my typical cargo) I could get in. Without the platform the electrical lines running to the fuel sender/pump were taking all the weight of my cargo, I couldn't imagine them holding up to the sliding 70lb boxes for much longer.

The platform uses the old brace for the rear seat. I made two holes in the platform so I could easily get a socket in there to remove the setup the same way you'd pull the old seat out. It took me about 4 hours from start to finish and I'm pretty happy with it. It looks OEM when at first glance. I'm trying to find some caps for those two holes....

Oh yeah, I ran out of roll bar foam so I wrapped them in that black cloth...it's been removed. LOL

My odometer 03/11
http://i205.photobucket.com/albums/b...a/2843ed85.jpg
mazilla is offline   Reply With Quote