Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-01-2012, 12:27 AM   #1
aprilnroberts

Drives: 2007 Toyota Yaris Sedan
Car sputter and stall

2007 Toyota Yaris Sedan Automatic:

I'm at a loss with my car right now. Not being mechanically inclined, maybe someone can assist and give input to my symptoms.

When coming to a sudden, complete stop (from acceleration) my entire car shutters. This is after full break is applied. This happens at least once every time i drive my car (dont know if that would have anything to do with it). Recently, coming to a sudden stop, the car did the typical shutter again. But this time, it completely stalled out. If i approach the same stop slowly my car does not do this.

I know its nothing to do with my breaks or rotors, those are in good condition. I was told recently that I need to replace my fuel sensor in my car. While talking about this situation to others, they have mentioned that it sounds like the stall may be a result of starving my car of fuel. I'm worried it has something to do with my transmission.

Im also noticing hard shifting, the car sometimes also revs high instead of shifting sometimes.

Backstory:

My car did not have these problems till about 2 months ago. I was in an accident where my car took damage to the undercarriage. The transmission and oil pan (amongst other expensive things) were replaced. They said no other damage was done to the car, I tried explaining to the insurance company about my current problems. They have said there is no proof that its a result of my recent accident.

What does this sound like to anyone else?
aprilnroberts is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
help!, shutter, transmission