Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Tracking, Racing, Auto-X Forum
  The Tire Rack

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-02-2013, 12:45 PM   #1
CrankyOldMan
2ZR swap. DO IT! Ask how!

Drives: 09 Meteoric Metallic HB
Massive inside wheel spin + outside wheel fender rub

So I went all-out at this weekend's event and noticed some new behavior from my egg: inside wheel spin on sweeping turns and fender rub on the outside front wheel. I realize that adding the S/C has altered the output from my engine, but this seems rather surprising given the other mods on my car.

Here's the relevant stuff:
Tokico blues (OEM bump stops)
Tien S-techs
BFG Rivals (205/50R15) on 15x7 ET42
TRD rear swaybar
Blitz S/C
K&N drop-in filter

When I mounted my suspension this spring I attempted to set the camber as far negative as it could go on the stock bolts, but haven't tried aftermarket crash bolts yet.

Fixing that seems pretty easy, but I see there being a few solutions to the wheel spin: LSD, stiffer suspension, body bracing. The LSD seems to be the sure-fire way to kill the inside wheel spin, but it seems that a stiffer chassis or suspension could also help by keeping the wheel in contact with the pavement more firmly.

So where do I go from here? I'm sure there are other options out there, but I'm still a novice at setup.
CrankyOldMan is offline   Reply With Quote