Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Forced Induction Forum
  The Tire Rack

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-02-2015, 09:39 PM   #1
trini_per4mance

Drives: 2007 Toyota Yaris S Sedan
Boosting my 543,000 mile Yaris

Hey guys, I'm planning on boosting my Yaris at 543,000 miles without any engine rebuild. I would like to start off with the maximum amount of safe boost without any engine management.

I already purchased the turbo manifold and downpipe (Plan to weld a bracket to it so it doesn't crack or break) from Zage. I also found a new Golden Eagle intake manifold on eBay for a steal from Italy. I'm going to be using a custom GT2554R turbo. I'm drilling my block for the oil drain. And I'm using my throttle body coolant lines to cool the turbo.

Questions:

1. Do I use my stock fuel pump or is there an upgraded fuel pump available?

2. Do I use my stock injectors or do I need to use the 1zz injectors? If so, from what year Corolla?

3. Should I use an adjustable FMU for increasing fuel pressure on boost?

4. What's the stock compression ratio for the 1NZ?

5. Has anyone had there cylinder head ported?

Tip:
I know some ppl have low idling issues with the 1zz throttle body. Now bcuz our cars doesn't have an adjustable IAC, or idle screw on the throttle body, what I've done is loosen the adjustment screw on the throttle body till the high rev on cold start is at normal level. This took a couple days to get the desired cold start idle rpm. Once I accomplished that, I then took a 1/16" drill bit and drilled a tiny hole in the middle of the lower flap of the throttle body to increase my idle rpm. And it worked just fine for me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YnTlNLz9Iqc

http://money.cnn.com/galleries/2010/...le_cars/5.html

http://www.subcompactculture.com/200...-miles-on.html
trini_per4mance is offline   Reply With Quote