Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site
 

 


 
Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-07-2006, 02:06 AM   #11
jay
 
Drives: 2006 Yaris LE 5dr AT
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Canada
Posts: 41
Thanks for the welcome guys Just trying to provide a view as to what led me to my purchase (a simple consideration of the facts vs. the priorities).

I decided against the used car route largely b/c I was (and still am) simply not qualified to shop for one. It just isn't in my expertise/aptitude/interest. Too much uncertainty, and not enough potential payoff to make sense for this ignorant neophyte.

While it was within my budget, it's true that I had to save up longer for the Yaris. I understand that this isn't necessarily the case for everyone, and I am well aware that I was in a privileged position to make the call.

I guess the bottom line was that in my eyes, the Yaris seemed more likely to "pay me back" in terms of fewer unexpected repairs, less stress, and more time to do other things The Yaris' design is up to date (and hopefully had some time to work out some bugs since the Feb 2005 Japan release), its a small low emissions vehicle, seems well built, and it shouldn't be very expensive to own over the years. It's not perfect (what is?), but it's working for me so far.
jay is offline   Reply With Quote
 


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
NEWS: TOYOTA REVEALS ALL-NEW YARIS SEDAN AT 2006 LOS ANGELES AUTO SHOW VitzBoy General Yaris / Vitz Discussion 7 09-20-2023 07:50 AM
News : 2007 Toyota Yaris - the little Euro's official arrival VitzBoy General Yaris / Vitz Discussion 9 06-06-2017 12:51 AM
2007 Yaris Pricing Info ! YarisBueller New YARIS Purchase Forum 104 06-24-2009 04:54 PM
2007 Yaris Unveiled at 2005 SEMA Show YarisBueller General Yaris / Vitz Discussion 0 01-12-2006 05:28 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:42 PM.




YarisWorld
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.