Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-18-2007, 02:16 PM   #1
grampi

Drives: Corolla
How closely have you looked at other cars like the Fit or Versa?

While the only car I've driven so far was a Yaris sedan automatic, I have looked at some of the others very closely. BTW, since I'm only interested in the liftback Yaris, that's the model I've been comparing to these others. The Fit and Versa have some very nice features, and some other aspects that are actually nicer than the Yaris, but to me they're both very bland cars. Nissan makes good vehicles, but they just don't have the pristine track record of Honda or Toyota. While I like the Versa, I like it the least of these 3. The Fit is a typical Honda. It's very well built and seems to be very smartly designed. But the Fit and Versa both SEEM like nothing more than econo boxes while there's something exciting about the Yaris. The Yaris seems more like a specialty niche vehicle like a Mini Cooper or a Miata. It has that type of a sexappeal (at least the liftback anyway). I guess that's why I'm so attracted to the Yaris. I'm still waiting for my first test drive of a Yaris LB 5 speed, as well as the Fit a Versa. Once I drive them all, I'll be able to make a better comparison.
grampi is offline   Reply With Quote