![]() |
|
|
|
|
|
||||||||
![]() |
|
|
Thread Tools | Display Modes |
|
|
|
|
#1 |
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Drives: 08 3DR 5M Bayou Blue; 09 Fos Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: New Hampshire
Posts: 622
|
You have to pay for guardrail also - may cost MORE than car!
This is no joke - the state will make you pay for property damage ... |
|
|
|
|
|
#2 |
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Drives: 08 3DR 5M Bayou Blue; 09 Fos Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: New Hampshire
Posts: 622
|
Josh- DONT go back to dealer they have NOTHING to do with your loan (unless buy here pay here) - the only deal you would make is a ROTTEN one ...
- the Bro |
|
|
|
|
|
#3 |
|
Banned
Drives: 2009 Yaris liftback Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: CT
Posts: 350
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#4 |
![]() Drives: 2007 Yaris Hatchback Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Western NC
Posts: 10
|
Just to throw an update out there:
So far my "final" repair estimate has changed three times, each time jumping upward, right now the Toyota dealer has the repair at $9556. My insurance company is giving the car a final review to determine it's pre-wreck value so they can decide whether to fix the car or not. Which considering the insurance co. (Allstate) has already seen the car, what more can they do to determine a pre-wreck value? But anyway, the $9556 is still under the 75% repair guideline in North Carolina since the blue book value is still over $13k. I already told Allstate that if the Yaris is totaled I expected to receive the value for an excellent car rating. My gut feeling is that the dealer wants the car totaled so they can sell me a new car. The sales department has called me twice (both times yesterday) just to make sure I was OK, blah, blah, blah right? What blew my mind is that I told the dealer I wasn't interested in getting a new car since I am in the process of building a house. The only way I would be interested would be if they wiped clean the debt I owed my current Yaris ($5.5K) and would take no more than my insurance settlement on my car. Oddly enough they said that was very possible. I should hear a final verdict from Allstate today or tomorrow so I'll probably update at least one more time. If they do total the car it will be pretty interesting if the dealership holds to their story on selling me another car. |
|
|
|
|
|
#5 | |
![]() Drives: 2007 Yaris Hatchback Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Western NC
Posts: 10
|
Quote:
But of course the DOT replaced at least a 30 ft. section of it around where we hit. So let Allstate pay that bill too. My rates should be up racing upward any day now. Did I mention I've only had Allstate for about 3 months? |
|
|
|
|
![]() |
| Thread Tools | |
| Display Modes | |
|
|
Similar Threads
|
||||
| Thread | Thread Starter | Forum | Replies | Last Post |
| NEWS: TOYOTA REVEALS ALL-NEW YARIS SEDAN AT 2006 LOS ANGELES AUTO SHOW | VitzBoy | General Yaris / Vitz Discussion | 7 | 09-20-2023 07:50 AM |
| News : 2007 Toyota Yaris - the little Euro's official arrival | VitzBoy | General Yaris / Vitz Discussion | 9 | 06-06-2017 12:51 AM |
| 2007 Yaris Pricing Info ! | YarisBueller | New YARIS Purchase Forum | 104 | 06-24-2009 04:54 PM |
| Toyota unveils 2007 Yaris T-Sport Concept | VitzBoy | General Yaris / Vitz Discussion | 63 | 01-21-2007 03:12 PM |