Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site
 

 


 
Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-01-2008, 06:45 PM   #541
Chrsto4
 
Chrsto4's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 Yaris RS 5-dr HB Black
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Barrie, Ontario
Posts: 28
Better late than never. :)
Chrsto4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 11:41 PM   #542
Cobolt
Waiting for her 09 Yaris!
 
Drives: 2003 Toyota Tacoma
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 2
Hello everyone ^_^ Getting my Yaris on January 5th! Counting down the days!
Cobolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 01:16 PM   #543
mrxero
 
mrxero's Avatar
 
Drives: 2001 Honda Prelude
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: California
Posts: 26
Send a message via AIM to mrxero
Hello Yaris people!

was referred here by natethegreat38, just so i can bug you Yaris people.

Hopefully I'm the only Prelude driver in the club!

long story short, i'm down for meets, kick backs and racing vroom vroom (no jk)

here's my BB6 (jdm ftw)

2001 Honda Prelude
-JDM FULL Type S Interior
-JDM Red Valve Cover
-JDM Type R Shift Boot/ Knob
-JDM Sidemarkers
-JDM Foglights
-AEM V2 Intake
-APEXi WS2 Exhaust
-DC Sports Ceramic Header
-Rikensport HID 6000k Kit
-PIAA Yellow fogs
-cool owner named Arvin
Attached Images
     
mrxero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 01:17 PM   #544
natethegreat38
Party like a Barack star
 
natethegreat38's Avatar
 
Drives: '08 LB MT
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Cali
Posts: 288
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobolt View Post
Hello everyone ^_^ Getting my Yaris on January 5th! Counting down the days!
good work! Why Jan 5? Why not sooner??
__________________
i don't feel like creating another signature, yet. Give it another week...
natethegreat38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 01:18 PM   #545
natethegreat38
Party like a Barack star
 
natethegreat38's Avatar
 
Drives: '08 LB MT
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Cali
Posts: 288
mrxero- those tires look sick!!
__________________
i don't feel like creating another signature, yet. Give it another week...
natethegreat38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 01:26 PM   #546
mrxero
 
mrxero's Avatar
 
Drives: 2001 Honda Prelude
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: California
Posts: 26
Send a message via AIM to mrxero
^ i'm glad you noticed sir, even though you can only see black on the pix ;-)
mrxero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 01:33 PM   #547
natethegreat38
Party like a Barack star
 
natethegreat38's Avatar
 
Drives: '08 LB MT
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Cali
Posts: 288
I've got the eyes of an eagle...
__________________
i don't feel like creating another signature, yet. Give it another week...
natethegreat38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 01:56 PM   #548
puetato89
Just call me Ray, better?
 
puetato89's Avatar
 
Drives: 08 Yaris
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: orlando
Posts: 1,056
Send a message via AIM to puetato89
WTF how the hell did you see that?!?!?!?! but any ways.. loving the h22??
__________________


puetato89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 03:47 PM   #549
natethegreat38
Party like a Barack star
 
natethegreat38's Avatar
 
Drives: '08 LB MT
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Cali
Posts: 288
I actually didn't see them. I helped him order them so I know which ones they are :)
__________________
i don't feel like creating another signature, yet. Give it another week...
natethegreat38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 04:00 PM   #550
mrxero
 
mrxero's Avatar
 
Drives: 2001 Honda Prelude
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: California
Posts: 26
Send a message via AIM to mrxero
im posting this to check out my cool new sig.

will post myself-pic soon on avatar, to keep up with everyone for Dec.
__________________

"i keeps it real"


www.socalprelude.com
mrxero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 04:23 PM   #551
mrxero
 
mrxero's Avatar
 
Drives: 2001 Honda Prelude
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: California
Posts: 26
Send a message via AIM to mrxero
Quote:
Originally Posted by LtWt View Post
Beautiful Car!!

Now you need bumper hitch to tow a Yaris in case of trouble!

(hoping you have no trouble!!)

Cheers,

LtWt
in the spirit of Yaris love, i probably will get one Lol

i've been wanting Benen Tow Hook. red one ftw :)
__________________

"i keeps it real"


www.socalprelude.com
mrxero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008, 11:08 PM   #552
eht13
 
Drives: .
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: .
Posts: 363
May as well check in, as a newly registered user. I just got a 2008 Yaris sedan (Polar White, with Power Package with pretty much all options, and alloy wheels). I really liked it more than I thought I would when I test drove it, and it's growing on me more every day. Really liking this car.

Last edited by eht13; 12-18-2008 at 01:25 PM.
eht13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008, 11:18 PM   #553
LtNoogie
 
LtNoogie's Avatar
 
Drives: '08 Bayou Blue LB AT
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: West Hills, CA
Posts: 2,517
Quote:
Originally Posted by eht13 View Post
May as well check in, as a newly registered user. I just got a 2008 Yaris sedan (Polar White, with Power Package with pretty much all options, and alloy wheels). I really liked it more than I thought I would when I test drove it, and it's growing on me more every day. Really liking this car.
Welcome to YarisWorld. Avoid modding your Yaris at all cost. It's like the Lay's potato chip commercial. You can't stop at just one.
__________________
aFe Intake | Blitz Supercharger | Megan Header | TRD Exhaust | NST Pulley Set
TRD Shocks/Struts | Tanabe NF210 Springs | TRD Sway Bar | Motegi TRAKLITE wheels | Kuhmo Ecsta XS
R1 Concepts slotted rotors | Carbotech 1521 brake pads | stainless steel brake lines | Seibon vented carbon fiber hood
LtNoogie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2008, 02:15 AM   #554
natethegreat38
Party like a Barack star
 
natethegreat38's Avatar
 
Drives: '08 LB MT
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Cali
Posts: 288
Quote:
Originally Posted by eht13 View Post
May as well check in, as a newly registered user. I just got a 2008 Yaris sedan (Polar White, with Power Package with pretty much all options, and alloy wheels). I really liked it more than I thought I would when I test drove it, and it's growing on me more every day. Really liking this car.
Welcome! It seems that there are really two main types of peeps here: the ones that like to mod the car, and the ones that are all about gas mileage (MPG/ Fuel Effeciency (FE)). You'll soon find out which one you are- if you haven't already done so.

Personally, I am about looks but am really trying for the best MPG...
__________________
i don't feel like creating another signature, yet. Give it another week...
natethegreat38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2008, 10:04 PM   #555
computerlove87
The Fit is NO!
 
computerlove87's Avatar
 
Drives: '09 3DR "S"|'87 Caddy Brougham
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: jOakland
Posts: 279
Send a message via MSN to computerlove87
I want a YARIS NOWWWW!!

I have to wait until febuary 09 to have enough money for my Yaris. BUT I WANT IT NOW!!!! Anyway, I am planning on getting the exact same one Jafo has, but in meteorite metallic or carmine red. I WANT IT SO MUCH IT HURTS!!!! I joined this site to scope out mods I want to get right away.
__________________
My OTHER car

Please ignore the Ferrari
computerlove87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2008, 11:26 PM   #556
eht13
 
Drives: .
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: .
Posts: 363
Thanks for the welcomes, LtNoogie and natethegreat38.

Regarding mods, I had kind of observed that trend (hard to stop at just one), as you said like potato chips... I've heard people say the same about tattoos. I knew that I would be going that way with mods if I didn't get a car with the options that I have installed already (especially the alloys... I detest plastic wheel covers ). As it is, I will probably be happy with it... any mods that I do, if any, will most likely be small and few in number.

Regarding mileage/fuel economy, that is one of the factors that entered into getting this car (along with reliability, price, cost of ownership, etc.). I just didn't expect it to feel so solid, look so cool, or be so fun to drive! So I see already what you mean about the two types of posters here, but I will probably fall somewhere in between... I won't be modding it like crazy, but I also won't be turning the engine off at red lights to save gas.
eht13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2008, 11:54 PM   #557
LtNoogie
 
LtNoogie's Avatar
 
Drives: '08 Bayou Blue LB AT
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: West Hills, CA
Posts: 2,517
Quote:
Originally Posted by eht13 View Post
So I see already what you mean about the two types of posters here, but I will probably fall somewhere in between... I won't be modding it like crazy, but I also won't be turning the engine off at red lights to save gas.
It doesn't have to be either or. One of your first purchases should be a ScanGauge II trip computer so that you can monitor your instantaneous and average trip mileage. Watching your MPGs can temper how heavy you lay down that lead foot. Look at my mods. I still got 32 MPGs the last tank. It all depends on how hard you push it. Enjoy the forum, you'll get a whole lot out of it.
__________________
aFe Intake | Blitz Supercharger | Megan Header | TRD Exhaust | NST Pulley Set
TRD Shocks/Struts | Tanabe NF210 Springs | TRD Sway Bar | Motegi TRAKLITE wheels | Kuhmo Ecsta XS
R1 Concepts slotted rotors | Carbotech 1521 brake pads | stainless steel brake lines | Seibon vented carbon fiber hood
LtNoogie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2008, 12:11 AM   #558
eht13
 
Drives: .
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: .
Posts: 363
Quote:
Originally Posted by LtNoogie View Post
It doesn't have to be either or. One of your first purchases should be a ScanGauge II trip computer so that you can monitor your instantaneous and average trip mileage. Watching your MPGs can temper how heavy you lay down that lead foot. Look at my mods. I still got 32 MPGs the last tank. It all depends on how hard you push it. Enjoy the forum, you'll get a whole lot out of it.
Yes, I was kind of kidding on that point... I know it doesn't have to be either or. I just meant that I won't be taking fuel economy to that extreme (that example I gave seems a little extreme to me, but to each their own). Maybe I will get that trip computer... our other car (and the car I had before this) has/had a built-in trip computer, which do give interesting information. Thanks again.
eht13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
NEWS: TOYOTA REVEALS ALL-NEW YARIS SEDAN AT 2006 LOS ANGELES AUTO SHOW VitzBoy General Yaris / Vitz Discussion 7 09-20-2023 07:50 AM
News : 2007 Toyota Yaris - the little Euro's official arrival VitzBoy General Yaris / Vitz Discussion 9 06-06-2017 12:51 AM
2007 Yaris Pricing Info ! YarisBueller New YARIS Purchase Forum 104 06-24-2009 04:54 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:49 PM.




YarisWorld
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.