![]() |
|
|
|
|
|
#1 |
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Drives: 09 3dr LB MT Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Lehigh Valley, PA
Posts: 681
|
My only regret is that I didn't get the 5dr LB. Nor did I get it in the Blazing Blue color that I would much rather have, as opposed to the Meteorite Mettallic that I settled for. Other than that, no regrets at all!
I was considering the Yaris, Versa, and Fit. I never got around to test driving the Versa (the price vs. mpg's just didn't add up enough for me). I did drive the Fit, and, well, it just didn't fit me. The only thing that I did like on the Fit is the slightly larger backseat area. Otherwise, it was Yaris all the way! (Oh, one little tidbit I found out while I was doing my research, the gear ratios on the Fit vs. the Yaris are slightly different. The Fit is more geared for city driving, and the Yaris more for highway driving. Since I drive more highway than city, the Yaris worked better for that as well).
__________________
2009 3dr LB MT Meteorite Metalic. Car bought 8/7/09. Now over 89k miles of trouble free driving, other than user error!!
|
|
|
|
|
|
#2 |
![]() ![]() ![]() Drives: . Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: .
Posts: 363
|
I compared the Yaris, Fit, and Versa too. The Versa quickly put itself out of contention as soon as I took a good look at it, and the test-drive confirmed it. The Fit was nice, but not nice enough for the (non-negotiable) price... and something about Fits for me is that I kind of like them, and kind of don't because they look like small minivans to me. So the Yaris won out.
So no real regrets for me, although I sometimes regret the color (white) a little bit, because it's hard to keep looking clean. Also, I sometimes wish I'd gotten a 5-door liftback instead of the sedan, even though I love my sedan. I wanted back doors on the car, and the 5-door wasn't available yet then in the US. |
|
|
|
|
|
#3 | |
|
Is now a Corolla S Owner
|
Quote:
![]() My car looks dirty after a day or two, even if I have not driven on wet roads. The condensation at night collects the dust on the car's surface, and when it dries there are mottled concentrations of dust all over the car. I guess it depends on the "kind of dirt," but I find white vehicles don't show the dirt all that bad. Tom |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#4 |
|
Half a Bubble Off Plumb
Drives: 2009 Yaris Sedan Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Bristol, Tennessee, USA
Posts: 1,593
|
I'm quite happy with my sedan.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#5 | |
![]() ![]() ![]() Drives: . Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: .
Posts: 363
|
Quote:
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#6 | |
|
Super Moderator
Drives: Yaris 2DR LB 07, MT, Abs. Red Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: San Francisco Bay Area
Posts: 5,155
|
Quote:
I did have buyer's remorse for a couple of weeks after purchasing the Yaris (I"m a city driver 90% of the time), wondered I should have gotten the FIT instead, but that went away eventually. I come from Honda, have been driving Hondas (first gen. civic, accord, crx) for a lot of years, so naturally there is a transition period when you get a different vehicle in your hands. At times, I feel that the Yaris is a little underpowered in certain driving situations, but I'm learning to work with that, so overall, no regrets about getting the Yaris.
Last edited by tomato; 11-20-2009 at 07:03 PM. Reason: clarity |
|
|
|
|
![]() |
| Thread Tools | |
| Display Modes | |
|
|
Similar Threads
|
||||
| Thread | Thread Starter | Forum | Replies | Last Post |
| Regrets? | fred812 | General Yaris / Vitz Discussion | 20 | 06-28-2006 10:54 PM |