Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site
 

 


 
Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Members Area > Off-topic / Other Cars / Everything else Discussions
  The Tire Rack

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-30-2009, 06:18 PM   #1
tomato
Super Moderator
 
tomato's Avatar
 
Drives: Yaris 2DR LB 07, MT, Abs. Red
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: San Francisco Bay Area
Posts: 5,155
I actually recommend eBay over CL when you don't know how to price an item and want to let the market decide for you.

For example, I had some older (sorry, I mean "vintage" ) designer purses, and some memorabilia and had no idea how to price it. I put it on ebay with no reserve and let the market decide. In one or two cases, I was completely blown away by how much people were willing to pay for the stuff.

I think you reach a much wider audience with ebay than you would locally on CL. One thing I've noticed, is that unless you are selling highly tradeable merchandise like ipods, laptops, etc., brand name stuff, you just never can tell what people are going to buy.
__________________
Follow Bamboo the YarisWorld Traveler here
tomato is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
who won this ebay car?! username 9***z jonismyname NY / NJ/ CT / PA 64 11-29-2010 09:22 PM
Pre Hack Revival: Megan Racing Header vs Ebay Header Sabretooth Performance Modifications 15 08-19-2009 05:26 PM
eBay seller warning/feedback thread PaidTimeOff Off-topic / Other Cars / Everything else Discussions 3 01-30-2009 10:44 AM
ebay intake: would you? thebarber Performance Modifications 7 12-03-2008 12:44 AM
EBAY Seller Alert for Yarisworld Members redyaris DIY / Maintenance / Service 29 07-02-2007 09:23 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:46 PM.




YarisWorld
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.