Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site
 

 


 
Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > Fuel Economy Forum
  The Tire Rack

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-20-2010, 06:31 AM   #1
jambo101
 
jambo101's Avatar
 
Drives: yaris 08 sedan
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Montreal Canada
Posts: 1,286
I'd get the manual if you enjoy driving,
if you are regularly stuck in rush hour traffic then go for the nanny tranny.
jambo101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2010, 01:07 PM   #2
RedRide
 
RedRide's Avatar
 
Drives: '09 Yaris carmine red 2d HB
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Middletown, NY
Posts: 1,502
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
I'd get the manual if you enjoy driving,
if you are regularly stuck in rush hour traffic then go for the nanny tranny.
I enjoy driving and that's why all my cars have been manual.

Yes, one of the reasons I got a Yaris for commuting is its great gas milage.

However, I really don't care if I get 40 mpg or 35 mpg as I consider both figures good.
I just drive for enjoyment and don't worry about mpg.
RedRide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 01:19 PM   #3
StragglerX
 
StragglerX's Avatar
 
Drives: Yaris Sedan S
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Oxnard
Posts: 6
i get 38 mpg (worse) when i drive my 5 spd 08 sedan S aggressively and 42 mpg (best) conservatively with everything stock at 85% hiway. i recently upgraded to 205/50/16 on alloys which is 10 lbs heavier from each stock 15s steels. added trd swaybar with sticky tires made me even more aggressive and now i get 32 worse to 38 best.

32 is when i feel like always in a hurry city driving and doing 85 on freeways. 42 is when i drive like doing a drive test with dmv and max 70 on freeways.

my upgrades to wider tires and swaybar makes my yaris a fire breathing YARIS.
StragglerX is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
automatic, manual, mpg

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Is LSD Automatic & Manual Same? maxgil05 Performance Modifications 4 04-24-2009 10:57 AM
Want opinions automatic vs. manual transmission anik New YARIS Purchase Forum 84 07-10-2007 04:25 PM
Change automatic to Manual Blenjar General Yaris / Vitz Discussion 11 06-14-2007 06:02 AM
Manual vs. Automatic ?? YarisBlazer General Yaris / Vitz Discussion 12 08-13-2006 07:14 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:32 PM.




YarisWorld
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.