Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site
 

 


 
Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-10-2011, 01:46 AM   #1
N9QGS
 
N9QGS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2007 Toyota Yaris Sedan
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Georgetown, KY
Posts: 117
Send a message via AIM to N9QGS Send a message via Yahoo to N9QGS
foxfab, Im so sorry to hear of your problems with your Yaris, mine has 185,300 on it and I have had to replace nothing, and no cracks either. Planning to pick up another yaris as I am so impressed with them, I hope my second one will be as awesome as the first.
__________________
198K Miles
N9QGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 06:31 PM   #2
yarisAP
 
Drives: 2007 Yaris Sedan
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Barrie, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 6
I bought mine 3 weeks ago, 07 sedan auto with 226K on it. Engine still sounds good and drives well.

I'll probably put 50K on it a year. Bought it for 6K CAD and if I get 3 years out of it i'm a happy camper

Note: ABS and "!" light is on...
yarisAP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 08:49 PM   #3
Kal-El
 
Kal-El's Avatar
 
Drives: 07 Yaris S Sedan 5-Speed
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 2,179
Quote:
Originally Posted by yarisAP View Post
I bought mine 3 weeks ago, 07 sedan auto with 226K on it. Engine still sounds good and drives well.

I'll probably put 50K on it a year. Bought it for 6K CAD and if I get 3 years out of it i'm a happy camper

Note: ABS and "!" light is on...
Cool!

Don't worry, it's got a long life ahead of it.
Kal-El is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 08:55 AM   #4
yarisAP
 
Drives: 2007 Yaris Sedan
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Barrie, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal-El View Post
Cool!

Don't worry, it's got a long life ahead of it.
In terms of oil changes, I plan to do every 8K but is it advisable to use synthetic? Will that extend the life of the car? Will it lengthen the intervals between oil changes?
yarisAP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 05:58 PM   #5
Kal-El
 
Kal-El's Avatar
 
Drives: 07 Yaris S Sedan 5-Speed
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 2,179
Quote:
Originally Posted by yarisAP View Post
In terms of oil changes, I plan to do every 8K but is it advisable to use synthetic? Will that extend the life of the car? Will it lengthen the intervals between oil changes?
I personally do the Toyota recommended 5,000 mile interval (I may stretch it to 5,500) and just use regular oil.

Synthetic is nice, but expensive, so it's up to you. I just don't think it's necessary on a car like the Yaris. Typically though, you can certainly go longer between changes with the synthetic so it may balance out in costs somewhat.

There's not much hard evidence as far as engine longevity.
Kal-El is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 09:11 PM   #6
yarisAP
 
Drives: 2007 Yaris Sedan
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Barrie, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal-El View Post
I personally do the Toyota recommended 5,000 mile interval (I may stretch it to 5,500) and just use regular oil.

Synthetic is nice, but expensive, so it's up to you. I just don't think it's necessary on a car like the Yaris. Typically though, you can certainly go longer between changes with the synthetic so it may balance out in costs somewhat.

There's not much hard evidence as far as engine longevity.
Thank you so much for the advice, that was helpful
yarisAP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 08:08 AM   #7
bronsin
 
bronsin's Avatar
 
Drives: 2009 Base Hatch 2 Dr Auto
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: nj
Posts: 4,783
Quote:
Originally Posted by yarisAP View Post
In terms of oil changes, I plan to do every 8K but is it advisable to use synthetic? Will that extend the life of the car? Will it lengthen the intervals between oil changes?
NO!

If you change the oil per the owners manual (regular oil) the engine will last twice as long as the rest of the car.

Also, in case you think snythetic oil will give better fuel consumption, that aint so either.

I drove 5200 miles to Alaska this past summer on regular oil. Drove 5200 mile back on synthetc oil.

No difference in mpg.

Synthetic Oil. Its all in your head.
bronsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 11:06 PM   #8
foxfab
 
Drives: '07 Yaris Sedan '59 Cruiser
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: RI
Posts: 4
Oh, I'm not complaining. The water pump took an hour to replace as did the alternator. Alt was only $45. Water pump was around $100 I think. I hope to get another 150000. The kids have nicknamed her Zippy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by N9QGS View Post
foxfab, Im so sorry to hear of your problems with your Yaris, mine has 185,300 on it and I have had to replace nothing, and no cracks either. Planning to pick up another yaris as I am so impressed with them, I hope my second one will be as awesome as the first.
foxfab is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Mid-West Chapter Micro Image Car Club lilredrocket Southwest 10 10-05-2009 01:06 PM
30,000 mile service: Dealership or non-dealership? EstherK DIY / Maintenance / Service 1 11-12-2008 12:40 PM
11/02/08 Metro Auto Squad 1st Annual Car Show (my car club) Jerkratt NY / NJ/ CT / PA 14 10-26-2008 05:51 PM
Japanese Mix Club Los Invitamos!!! TunTun_yariS[PR] Caribbean 0 12-12-2006 12:03 PM
Buddy Club Wheels BulletProofAuto Sponsors Classifieds Area 8 10-19-2006 06:55 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:46 PM.




YarisWorld
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.