Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site
 

 


 
Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Third Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > Third Gen Yaris General Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-03-2012, 08:06 PM   #1
Altitude
 
Altitude's Avatar
 
Drives: '08 LB MT Bayou
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Colorado
Posts: 1,671
Quote:
Originally Posted by junorico24 View Post
I have a 74 standard beetle which I am trying to restore.I'll get this project done and hopefully she'll be on the road again. I pay more attention to this car than my Yaris.But the Yaris is my daily driver. I enjoy driving it.
I've owned two bugs, a '66 and '68. Both of them awesome cars. The '66 was my first car and only big project car - after I wrecked it and only got BB value for it I decided all those mods aren't worth it. Oversized pistons, performance cam, rods, valves, Holley 2 Barrel carb etc. Fiberglass hood with deep wells, fiberglass flared fenders and fat tires. Wood paneled interior, new gauges and controls etc.

It was fun while it lasted until some drunk driver failed to yield at an intersection, nailed me and totaled it.
Altitude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 02:10 AM   #2
CanIHazYarisHatch?
 
Drives: 2012 Yaris 3-door w/5-speed!
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Texas
Posts: 273
Quote:
Originally Posted by Altitude View Post
I've owned two bugs, a '66 and '68. Both of them awesome cars. The '66 was my first car and only big project car - after I wrecked it and only got BB value for it I decided all those mods aren't worth it. Oversized pistons, performance cam, rods, valves, Holley 2 Barrel carb etc. Fiberglass hood with deep wells, fiberglass flared fenders and fat tires. Wood paneled interior, new gauges and controls etc.

It was fun while it lasted until some drunk driver failed to yield at an intersection, nailed me and totaled it.
What a waste, man.
CanIHazYarisHatch? is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Yorktown Meet Tomorrow! H3LlIoN Mid-Atlantic 1 02-13-2011 10:31 PM
BOTI Battle of the Imports! TOMORROW!!! Friday August 31 thefoth Northwest 1 08-31-2007 03:07 AM
Picking up Yaris tomorrow localnet New YARIS Purchase Forum 13 06-28-2007 10:53 PM
YES!!! I pick it up Tomorrow Leenis24 General Yaris / Vitz Discussion 24 06-08-2006 09:36 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:20 PM.




YarisWorld
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.