Quote:
Originally Posted by Unicron
....around 36 km/hour, the whole car starts shaking. I have rotated the tires and it made no difference, so the vibration is definitely from the transmission/drive shafts....
Does anyone know how much it would cost to fix this?
|
It's not the differential bearings IMHO (at least it wasnt on mine) Same exact thing happened to me only it did it at speed AND upon braking.. It was bearings, but in the wheels. ($48 each / US-dollars)
I have the EXACT same car.. even color-- hmmm
I did my brakes, balanced wheels, new tires.. and finally took it in to ask a proffesional at the dealer. As soon as the car was off the ground on a jack, the wheel was visibly 'loose' and could be wobbles by hand. worse on the right side for me. LUCKILY I had purchased a huge 100k mile warranty knowing tend to drive like a d!ck
If I remember right (over a year ago..) ill dig up the paperwork, but i think it should have costed $400 parts and mostly labor