Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site
 

 


 
Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > Fuel Economy Forum
  The Tire Rack

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-29-2013, 02:54 PM   #1
Kaotic Lazagna
 
Kaotic Lazagna's Avatar
 
Drives: '14 GT86, '08 Vitz
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Central Valley, CA
Posts: 9,873
With my bro's Prius C, I get a minimum of 65 mpg (more usually in the 70's) in the city. I never drove it on the freeway yet, but when we took it out the other day, and with my bro driving (not as good at hypermiling as me), and with the AC on, he got 61 mpg over the course of around 60 miles. It's a pretty good car. Not as much space as my Yaris, definitely slower, and the HU is harder to work with, requiring you to be stationary to Bluetooth pair or enter a destination in the navi.

I had VG's on my sedan before set to the Vortekz default spacing and angles. When ever my rear window would fog up, a few minutes of driving on the freeway would create triangular clearings on the top of the window and eventually would clear the entire window. I took the VG's off (since too many people wanted to race my car and I was getting tired of that), and now I have to use the rear defroster to clear the window, so I know they definitely worked in regards to changing the air flow. I only saw .xx mpg improvement with them tho.
Kaotic Lazagna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 11:16 PM   #2
nookandcrannycar
 
Drives: 2('14+'07)MT 3d ,wHandCrWndws!
Join Date: May 2009
Location: S.MontgomeryCnty,TX(HoustonMSA) '07=BayouBlue=300,125miles=OrigOwnr '14=ClassicSilvr=29,059miles
Posts: 4,839
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaotic Lazagna View Post
With my bro's Prius C, I get a minimum of 65 mpg (more usually in the 70's) in the city. I never drove it on the freeway yet, but when we took it out the other day, and with my bro driving (not as good at hypermiling as me), and with the AC on, he got 61 mpg over the course of around 60 miles. It's a pretty good car. Not as much space as my Yaris, definitely slower, and the HU is harder to work with, requiring you to be stationary to Bluetooth pair or enter a destination in the navi.

I had VG's on my sedan before set to the Vortekz default spacing and angles. When ever my rear window would fog up, a few minutes of driving on the freeway would create triangular clearings on the top of the window and eventually would clear the entire window. I took the VG's off (since too many people wanted to race my car and I was getting tired of that), and now I have to use the rear defroster to clear the window, so I know they definitely worked in regards to changing the air flow. I only saw .xx mpg improvement with them tho.
Wow. If someone could consistently average 65 MPG.....and someone averaged 40 MPG in a base Yaris....the extra cost (given the figure for the C that Idahotom quoted) would be made up within 195,000 miles (or a bit less) with $3 a gallon gas --- 3000 gallons for the C and 4875 for the Yaris at the 65 and 40 MPG levels. With gas at $3.15-3.20 minimum here, and over $4.00 in parts of California, that gap would be closed in fewer than 195,000 miles. Prior to purchasing my Yaris, I tried to estimate at what point the gas savings on the standard Prius would justify the cost premium. I figured it would be at over 300,000 miles.
nookandcrannycar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 11:28 PM   #3
Kaotic Lazagna
 
Kaotic Lazagna's Avatar
 
Drives: '14 GT86, '08 Vitz
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Central Valley, CA
Posts: 9,873
Quote:
Originally Posted by nookandcrannycar View Post
Wow. If someone could consistently average 65 MPG.....and someone averaged 40 MPG in a base Yaris....the extra cost (given the figure for the C that Idahotom quoted) would be made up within 195,000 miles (or a bit less) with $3 a gallon gas --- 3000 gallons for the C and 4875 for the Yaris at the 65 and 40 MPG levels. With gas at $3.15-3.20 minimum here, and over $4.00 in parts of California, that gap would be closed in fewer than 195,000 miles. Prior to purchasing my Yaris, I tried to estimate at what point the gas savings on the standard Prius would justify the cost premium. I figured it would be at over 300,000 miles.
Yup, it's $4.03 for 87 here (bro and I only use Chevron). That car really does great on mpg. When ever I'm in it and my bro is driving, I try to teach him how to drive more efficiently. lol. It beats the Camry it replaced. Best I could get out of it was only 28 mpg, and it was a 4-cylinder model (on it's last toe about to die).
Kaotic Lazagna is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Mileage Maxx Vortex Generator xray scatter Fuel Economy Forum 8 12-21-2008 03:53 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:38 PM.




YarisWorld
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.