Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site
 

 


 
Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > Regional Forums > Canada
  The Tire Rack

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-07-2014, 08:25 AM   #1
mpcv2000
 
mpcv2000's Avatar
 
Drives: 2004 Echo HB Hatchback 2 Door
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Montreal , Quebec , Canada
Posts: 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by IllusionX View Post
Seriously.. everything works out of the box? It took 3 attempts in 8 years before someone made it to work properly?

Did you also check your speed vs GPS?
It worked on 1st attempt.

The only thing I haven't done yet is the Hi-Low Beam wiring , I may do it later on when I'm bored and yes everything works like if it came like that from the factory.

I haven't check with a GPS but I don't see why speed should be different
mpcv2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 09:56 AM   #2
IllusionX
It's the illusion you see
 
Drives: 07 Yaris Sedan Aero
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Brossard, QC
Posts: 3,887
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpcv2000 View Post
I haven't check with a GPS but I don't see why speed should be different
Because other member at clubecho-yarisquebec said he had a 20kmh difference in the speedo.
IllusionX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 10:23 AM   #3
mpcv2000
 
mpcv2000's Avatar
 
Drives: 2004 Echo HB Hatchback 2 Door
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Montreal , Quebec , Canada
Posts: 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by IllusionX View Post
Because other member at clubecho-yarisquebec said he had a 20kmh difference in the speedo.
I'll try to check it this week but according to traffic flow it appears to be right on but I'll check for sure.
mpcv2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 01:38 PM   #4
CTScott
ULTIMATE
 
CTScott's Avatar
 
Drives: 09 5dr LB, 2x 08 3dr LB
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: USA, CT
Posts: 13,450
Quote:
Originally Posted by IllusionX View Post
Because other member at clubecho-yarisquebec said he had a 20kmh difference in the speedo.
My bet is that they messed up the ground connection for the speed sensor to cluster connection. Based on the specs for the signal output in the service manual, there should not be a difference between the two.
__________________
CTScott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 04:18 PM   #5
mpcv2000
 
mpcv2000's Avatar
 
Drives: 2004 Echo HB Hatchback 2 Door
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Montreal , Quebec , Canada
Posts: 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by IllusionX View Post
Because other member at clubecho-yarisquebec said he had a 20kmh difference in the speedo.
Maybe they mean .02 KMH
I don't have stock tire size so it may read off a little because of that.
Here's what I have : Nitto NeoGen 205/50R15











It's right on.



Now I want some disk brake on the rear .

What is my best option ?

Budget is between $600.00 to $1000.00 .

I have Goggled it a little on it but nothing "easy to grab" came up really.
mpcv2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2014, 12:19 AM   #6
Bluevitz-rs
1NZ-6spd
 
Bluevitz-rs's Avatar
 
Drives: '05 6-Spd Vitz RS
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Oshawa, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 2,967
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpcv2000 View Post
Now I want some disk brake on the rear .

What is my best option ?

Budget is between $600.00 to $1000.00 .

I have Goggled it a little on it but nothing "easy to grab" came up really.
Matrix XRS or Corolla XRS rear disc should bolt right on. You'll only need to re drill the rotors for 4 bolt pattern.

I don't know about the park brake cables though.

PS, sorry, I just found this thread now.
Bluevitz-rs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2014, 04:39 AM   #7
mpcv2000
 
mpcv2000's Avatar
 
Drives: 2004 Echo HB Hatchback 2 Door
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Montreal , Quebec , Canada
Posts: 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluevitz-rs View Post
Matrix XRS or Corolla XRS rear disc should bolt right on. You'll only need to re drill the rotors for 4 bolt pattern.

I don't know about the park brake cables though.
That's good.

I'll look into that this winter.

mpcv2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Yaris Liftback cluster w/tach for SALE!! jose3sgte Items for Sale by private party 5 11-13-2013 10:35 AM
Willing to trade 2010 MPH liftback cluster w/tach w/ABS for cluster w/tach wo/ABS Jabro Willing to Buy by private party 4 12-21-2012 06:34 PM
Lower control arm replacement 2005 Echo ? Infinitrium Wheels, Tires and Suspension Forum sponsored by The Tire Rack 1 06-27-2012 03:23 PM
2007 Yaris Sedan cluster, with Tachometer. (Won't fit Liftback) H3LlIoN Items for Sale by private party 3 09-18-2011 03:55 AM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:27 PM.




YarisWorld
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.