![]() |
|
|
|
|
|
#1 | |
![]() Drives: 2010 Yaris Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: PHX
Posts: 10
|
Quote:
I first went to the Auto Zone and bought the $30 can of refrigerant and hooked it up. The System took about half the can and I took this as a good sign. Buutt.... the AC did not work at all after that, so I knew the pressure was all off. So I took the car to a friend of mine who works at a VW dealership. He hooked it up to a machine that flushed the refrigerant completely, checked for leaks and filled it to the exact proper level. (.86lbs I believe per the placard underneath the hood). After that I was sure that we had it fixed. Sadly I am experiencing the same issues; the AC will disengage at random/ will not engage when I need it. (and I really do need it, this is PHX!) @CTScott tell me more about this pressure transducer... One thing I have noticed is that the big fan behind the radiator (what I would calla clutch fan) is not always on when the AC is selected on. It was my belief that this fan needed to be always running with the AC on... Anyone know for sure? |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#2 | |
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ULTIMATEDrives: 09 5dr LB, 2x 08 3dr LB Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: USA, CT
Posts: 13,450
|
Quote:
The pressure transducer is mounted to the aluminum tubing, right next to the sight glass. The fan will run whenever the compressor is engaged. If the AC ECU decides that it is not happy and it shuts off the compressor the fan will also shut off (if it doesn't need to be on for the coolant).
__________________
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#3 | |
![]() Drives: 2010 Yaris Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: PHX
Posts: 10
|
Quote:
How do I check a pressure transducer? How would I know if mine was bad? Thanks for getting back to me so quickly! |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#4 | |
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ULTIMATEDrives: 09 5dr LB, 2x 08 3dr LB Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: USA, CT
Posts: 13,450
|
Quote:
For the transducer you can measure the voltage on the grey wire with the AC on and you should see between 0.76 and 4.74 volts.
__________________
|
|
|
|
|
![]() |
| Tags |
| a/c, air conditioning, compressor |
| Thread Tools | |
| Display Modes | |
|
|
Similar Threads
|
||||
| Thread | Thread Starter | Forum | Replies | Last Post |
| NEED ENGINE CHECK LIGHT CODE LIST | Attitude | Forced Induction Forum | 12 | 04-11-2011 06:38 PM |
| Intake Systems Decision Maker.. | Blenjar | Performance Modifications | 25 | 09-15-2007 10:07 PM |